“Hopefully Not the Norm...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Indiana

Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Hopefully Not the Norm...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I know that this is one of the hottest weeks of the year, but even still, this hotel was MISERABLY hot when I stayed there this week. It was easily 10 degrees hotter inside the hotel then it was outside. I had a room on the 2nd floor that overlooked the pool area, and it was unacceptably hot in the common areas. I honestly felt like I was in a sauna. This left no choice but to turn the A/C in the room up as high as possible just to knock the edge off. Unfortunately, leaving for work the next morning I had to walk back through the common areas and felt like I needed to shower again once I got to my car.

The heat also had one additional negative. Because it was so hot, all of the exterior doors were propped open. This means the hallways were filled with bugs, and quite honestly is a bit of a security concern.

Also a little disappointed that the front desk clerk indicated that there was no direct route from the front desk to my room. Very inconvenient as I came into check-in carrying all of my bags.

I can't really comment on the rest of the hotel. Though it looked a bit dated, everything appeared clean and well maintained. It's in a great location, and the clerk was very nice. The price was right, plenty of parking. I did not bother going to the hotel bar, nor breakfast, since the common areas were so hot. Figured I'd rather go to Sheetz and get something on the way out of town.

I'm hoping that the interior climate was a temporary thing and that something is being repaired. It appeared that the internal rooms vented their hot air from room a/c's to the the pool area, which won't change anything there. Based on this, I will be finding somewhere else to stay next time I visit Indiana, PA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear bmhicks78,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review in reference to your recent stay at the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate the feedback and it is with this that we can continue to grow in our service efforts.

Thank you for the kind comments in reference to our service and cleanliness, it is always gratifying to know that our efforts were noticed and well-recieved. We are currently working on upgrading our air conditioning system thoughout the hotel and apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay due to the heat. We have also passed your comments about the directions your recieved to your room, on to the front desk manager who will be addressing with her staff.

We know you have many choices while travelling and we are thankful that you chose the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will give us another try the next time you are in Indiana, PA. We look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very friendly helpful front desk staff. Nicer lobby than it used to be. One small thing to be careful of is the latch that flips over onto the back of the door from the inside works fine that way when you are in for the night, BUT, when you leave, it gets pushed out by the curtain and prevents the door from closing properly. When I we left and I went back in for something, I just let the door thump shut, and quickly ran to catch up with the others. Upon returning, the door was not closed! Take a moment to make sure the back latch is not preventing the door from shutting! Also, fridge not clean, but did not use. Nice shower, standard.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management15701, Guest Relations Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey. We welcome all feedback that we can assist us with improving our product and services we provide that creates a better guest experience.

Your comments on our performance as well as some product issues will be reviewed by our Housekeeping and engineering departments to make any adjustments as needed that provides a better guest service experience.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

When I travel I am not high maintenance and certainly don't expect much at this price point. All I expect is a little comfort and quiet. This place delivers neither.The location of this hotel is a blessing and a curse. It is very easily accessible and close to everything in town. That is because it is located at a very busy intersection and situated close to the roadway. Road noise was evident from the moment I arrived. I'm not just talking about a few passing cars, it is a major highway for heavy trucks and tractor trailers. The noise is so loud in the room you have absolutely no choice but to turn on the AC or fan to attempt to drown it out. It would be less of a problem if you are just staying a night while traveling but if you are like me and need to stay several consecutive nights for work it is a real problem. Getting restful sleep each night is a struggle. ON TOP of the road noise issue (which is a MAJOR issue), the walls, floors, and doors are paper thin. I can clearly hear conversations taking place in neighboring rooms, people talking outside in the parking lots, and people walking to and from their rooms. I find myself whispering when talking to my wife on the phone each night, just so others aren't bothered by my conversations as well. If I could sum up this hotel in three words it would be NOISEY, NOISEY, NOISEY. One night I thought they were filming a new Fast and Furious movie outside on the street. Squealing tires, racing engines and screaming exhaust noise are all a part of this hotels amenities. Do not stay here if traveling for work for any length of time. If you must stay here, demand a room as far from the intersection as possible to combat the road noise issue.

The only redeeming quality here is the staff. They are very very friendly and professional. This is the only attribute that prevented me from giving it a complete zero.

My suggestion to management would be to consider adding a solid fence along the road in some areas to act as a noise break. In addition consider evaluating all the gaskets, door sweeps, and seals around the room doors. With my door fully shut i can see daylight around 3 sides. This is allowing noise, pests, and air into the room.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Clockradio,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review. It is with this valuable guest feedback that we can improve our product and grow in our guest service efforts.

Your comments in reference to the noise level outside of the hotel have been taken seriously and passed along to our maintenance department. They are currently reviewing the door seals around each of our rooms on that wing of the hotel and making the necessary adjustments to address the noise issues noted in your review. We appreciate your acknowledgement of our excellent guest service. This is something we work hard to maintain and it is gratifying when noticed.

We know you have many choices while travelling and we are thankful that you chose the Indiana Holiday Inn. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Indiana, PA. We look forward to your return.
Findlay, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is a bit dated but the staff was excellent and the bar great. The rooms were typical and the bathrooms and style of bathroom was circa 1960's. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was clean. The indoor pool looked nice and well maintained though we did not use it. The roof in the indoor common area looked like it had several leaks from the buckets hanging around. The bar service was excellent and well priced for a hotel bar. Their are quiet hours after 10 PM but the security gaurd did not have a problem as long as we were quiet and respectful. The staff was very nice and helpful, though their keycard machine broke so they had no keys to the room most of the day and it was a pain to get the staff to open up your room. They did their best but some perk would have been nice for the inconvience of all the waiting (free drink coupon or extra priority club points, etc.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear T S,

Thank you for the kind comments in reference to our service, it is always gratifying to know that our efforts were noticed and well-recieved. We appreciate your understanding of the key card machine being inoperable when you arrived. I am happy to report that we have installed a brand new system and our keys are working better than ever.

Henryville, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The only reason that I rated average and not poor is that the staff is very friendly and professional. There are no issues. The restaurant was also pleasant as was the server. Our room was another thing. It is clean but the first thing that you will notice in this windowless room is the musty wet feeling. We ran the air on high and that helped a bit but of course made the room very cold. The air was inconstant. My nose felt stuffy after being in the room 5 minutes. If you are not going to have windows, the HVAC needs to be in excellent shape.
The bathroom was run down with old tile. Everything needs to be updated.
Loved the staff, hated the room.

Room Tip: If they have rooms with outside windows...get one. The courtyard "view" makes you feel l...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank spikeHenryville
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to the Indiana Holiday Inn.

Your comments on our performance are much appreciated and have been passed on to the
appropriate staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our service efforts were noticed and well-recieved. Please know that your comments in reference to our HVAC have been reviewed in detail and we are in the process of updating and thoroughly cleaning our air conditioning units.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us at the Holiday Inn.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stay at a Holiday Inn Express every single week,and this was a very bad experience for me. NEVER AGAIN! At least not at this one in Indiana, PA!!! I had a room on the 2nd floor, and they had no elevator. They did get the maintenance man to assist me with my bags. I stood at the front desk for at least 8 - 10 minutes, before I was even greeted. The Receptionist was not even helping anyone, and once she greeted me, she never apologized for making me wait, but instead, just asked if I was checking in. On top of that, she gave me some inoperable keys for my room. I came back down, and the other front desk attendant, revalidated my keys. I had dinner, and when I went back up to my room, the inside latch was on the door, so I had to go back down to the front desk, to inform them, and wait yet another 10 minutes for a manitenance man to come and let me in. He did apologize for making me wait, and waited to make sure noone was in my room. I attempted to do a review on their website, but was told they had no record of my stay, and I would have to wait 24 hours. I proceeded to call Guest Relations. (Corporate) She said, "I'm documenting your comments," and we appreciate your feedback. Not once did she offer, me as a Gold Priority Member a free weekend stay, or anything. Just, "Thanks for calling - its there anything else I can help you with? Are you kidding me. If you're older, or have any time of handicap, forget about staying here. I will take my business to the Marriot Hotel chains. NO THANK YOU!

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor if you must, but they do have all glass windows with curtains, so it's u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank lovechapters
Management15701, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear lovehapters,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review following your visit to the Holiday Inn. It is with this valuable feedback that we can continue to improve our service efforts and address issues noticed by our guests.

I apologize deeply for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments have been passed on to the appropriate department heads. Both maintanence and front desk issues will be addressed. We pride ourselves on superior guest service in all areas of our hotel and I sincerely apologize that we fell short during your stay.

I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are in Indiana, PA. I trust that you will be welcomed with the superior guest service mentioned above. Thanks for staying with us, and safe travels.
Glen Rock, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were on a college visit with my kid and brought the whole family including the dog. This was the closest hotel to IUP (Indiana University of Pennsylvania) at less then 1.5 miles away. Bonus was the indoor pool, with warm water! We had a great stay and the place was very clean and had lots of friendly helpful staff. There was a nice restaurant and lounge inside too. Initially the cost seemed a bit high, but with all the ameneties it was a value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with inside corridor door.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank B3Spooky
Dear B3Spooky,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review following your visit to the Indiana Holiday Inn.

appropriate staff members. We also thank you for your appreciation for how much we have taken care of our older property. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were noticed and well-recieved.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hampton Inn Indiana
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg
Wingate by Wyndham Latrobe

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Indiana? Share your experiences!