“Pretty Nice”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Wellsboro, PA
“Pretty Nice”
Reviewed March 27, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for an entire weekend with our family. We had 27 guests and were accommodated pretty well for what we asked for. After a little bit of room shuffling, we were all on the ground floor as requested. The pool area was wonderful! We had small children with us and there was plenty of room for them to run and play. However, like some of the other reviewers, security kicked us out at night even when all we were doing was playing cards. The rooms were nice, but the bathrooms were VERY tiny. the sink was in the main room, which was nice, but when you're giving kids baths or helping a potty-trainee, it was rough. The pool water was warm, which was a definite bonus, but the pool itself could have been cleaner. Overall, we had a great time and would definitely go back.

• Liked — Pool area
  • Disliked — prices in the restaurant
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank NominivanFamof5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed February 2, 2008

The hotel and room were average/good. The room seemed nice and clean. The lobby pleasant. The few minor setbacks had to do with the check-in process. We had booked our room on hotwire.com for our stay the night before Groundhog Day. We travelled to Punxsutawney the next morning to see Phil. Upon checking in, the hotel desk informed us that one of our two hotel rooms had been cancelled. We had not cancelled, however. I asked the hotel about booking another room and they told us none were available. I had already prepaid at hotwire and had no cancellation policy, so I knew the rooms could not have been cancelled. I called Holiday Inn upon our booking on Hotwire to confirm our having a king sized bed and non-smoking room. Upon calling Hotwire they remedied the situation and the hotel provided us one of the "secret" rooms that was still available. The situation was remedied by the hotel but they may have a problem with management.

• Liked — Proximity to Punxsutawney, PA
  • Disliked — Problems checking in.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
New York, NY
Reviewed October 27, 2007

I was told it is the nicest in Indiana. I arrived late and there was no room service, no vending machines, no mini-bar. The room was dated and pretty dark.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Luxembourg, Europe
Reviewed September 13, 2007

I am amazed by the many negative comments about this hotel, especially the more recent ones. This is an older property that has been renovated not too long ago. The inside rooms are rather dark (facing the covered pool) but if your main reason to stay in a hotel is sleeping, that should not be too big of a problem. The furniture seems quite new and is in good shape; so is the carpet. The bathroom nothing special but clean. They have a choice of pillows if those on the bed do not suit you.
Reception area is nice and there was always something small available like donuts or water/coffee. The staff definitely above average.

For me, no problem to stay here again should I return to the area.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Mapau
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed August 13, 2007

So, after reading all the previous reviews, I was really expecting the worst. This property isn't really THAT bad.
We stayed 2 nights for a wedding in the area. Friday evening check-in was a complete breeze. Fresh cookies & bottled water at the counter.
Room 249 (standard King) was around the back & overlooked a field. The room as small & had those old bed linens that I hate. Pillows were new & full. The TV got about 75 channels free. The bathroom was in need an update, but at least it was clean.
The pool area is nice & indoors. Ideal if you have children.
My major problem w/ the property... after the wedding reception, about 50+ wedding guests had planned to hang out at the hotel bar... but it had closed at 10:30PM on a Saturday night! We then hung out some by the pool area & security was called.
Overall, an okay place to stay if you're in that area.

• Liked — Free cookies @ front desk
  • Disliked — Bar closed 50 + guests out at 10PM on Sat.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Beaver Falls, PA
Reviewed June 20, 2007

I stayed two nights at this Holiday Inn. I can mention a few positives. The staff was very efficient and helpful. The room was very clean. The location to Indiana was ideal.

Despite the above, the most important aspect of a hotel is simply the ability to "sleep" there. While I appreciate different preferences in the firmness of a mattress, the mattress in my room needs a place in the Guiness Book of World Records under the category of "The Hardest Mattress in the World." I assume the mattress had springs, but it responded like concrete covered with a thin layer of fabric. After a few sleepless hours and the feeling of a general bruising developing, I opted to use my pillows for my body rather than my head. While not comfortable, it was preferable to the punishment of laying unprotected on this slab of concrete, aka mattress.

Since I was unable to sleep, I decided to watch TV. At the time of my stay cable channels were available on TV, but none of the local network stations (abc, nbc,cbs) worked. However, I would have been able to pay to watch an adult rated feature. Disappointing that I couldn't view any regular network TV.

In conclusion, despite a great staff and clean room, a hotel must give attention to the very basics of a good night stay, a comfortable bed and regular network TV. This hotel failed in those two most important categories.

Stayed June 2007
Altoona
Reviewed February 24, 2007

Not too bad. no towels at the pool. breakfast voucher of $20.00 was nice. not the most desireable room but got at last minute. Staff was very pleasing to look at. well groomed and mannered.

• Liked — availability / breakfast voucher
  • Disliked — couldnt access movies
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Ebensburg

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Indiana? Share your experiences!