“Always a nice stay!”

Park Inn by Radisson Indiana
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Indiana
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a hotel that I have stayed at at least 4-5 times, since my daughter is enrolled at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. This hotel is close to the campus, and has anything that you would want in a hotel. Very clean, a nice courtyard, good food and a nice indoor pool. It's my go to hotel in Indiana, PA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Tanya A,

Thank you so much for the kind words and positive feedback on our hard work and best efforts to provide a clean and comfortable home away from home for you. It's loyal guests such as yourself that keep us in business, and provide our employees with a consistent sense of pride by knowing that they make such a positive impact on those we accommodate. Next time you check-in with us, please ask for me so that I can thank you in person. Safe travels!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Had a great stay. The employees are Very friendly and they acknowledge you when you come in and go out. The bed is very comfortable. We'll be back. Our bartender (Kyle) is very friendly and his attention to service is outstanding. Our room was cleaned everyday and little things like lotion and soap were stocked. Thanks for the great Service, you made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012
Benjamin W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Cahelo,

Thank for taking the time to provide your positive feedback on our hard work and best efforts. Our staff is especially diligent in guest acknowledgement and I'm proud that you recognized this throughout your stay, specifically the service efforts of our bartender, Kyle. Thank you for also recognizing our cleanliness efforts. We understand that service and cleanliness are the foundation of successful hotels, and your comments will be shared with all of our staff to reinforce the pride we take in our hotel, and to continue driving our passion for success. We hope to accommodate your again. Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed overnight following a friends wedding so we decided to bring our dog instead of kenneling her. We had to check in before the standard check in time so we got double beds instead of king, but they were able to place us close to an entrance to make it easier to take the dog out.

We were also pleasantly surprised to see a little gift that included a dog bowl, some milkbones and a few cleanup bags. We have stayed at numerous hotels that are 'pet friendly' but this is the first time we'd seen a hotel provide something for the pet!

The room itself was very clean and also went for a swim in the pool and that was perfectly fine as well. Breakfast was delicious and the buffet had a good selection of food and fresh fruits.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear David B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide some feedback about your stay with us. As a pet friendly hotel, I'm especially pleased that you appreciated the gift we provide to dogs and cats. This is an initiative we've recently started, and similar to what you mentioned, guest's and their pets absolutely love it. Especially those who might forget to bring a water dish, toy, or cleanup bags.

I'm sorry to hear we couldn't accommodate your inital room type request upon your arrival, but from the way it sounds, our front desk did a good job of putting you in a convenient location, and I know that they'll be happy to hear that their efforts were positively recognized.

We also greatly appreciate you mentioning our guestroom cleaning efforts as being satisfactory, and that your breakfast was delicious. All in all, it sounds like we delivered on all fronts from service, to comfort, to cleanliness, to amenities. Again, I can't thank you enough for positively recognizing the hard work and best efforts put forth by our staff, as it's feedback such as this that reinforces the pride we take in our hotel, and makes us thankful for our guests. We look forward to accommodating you again. In the meantime, safe travels!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had a large group of little league players and parents stay over a 3-5 day period at this hotel and had the best time. Perfect for what we needed. Staff was great and very acccomidating, pool was the best, breakfast was fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Benjamin W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear William H,

Thank you so much for your feedback and kind words about the accommodations and service we provided to your group. We enjoyed having you stay with us, and as a matter of fact, after your initial check-out date of Sunday had passed, I remember quite a few of our staff ask daily if your team won, and if you would be checking back in so that they knew how busy they'd be. That soon turned from an inquiry on business demand, to a caring question about your success so that we could share in the excitement of your wins. We felt like we were part of your team in a way since you were staying with us, and we were all rooting for you! Congratulations again, and we hope to see you again next year. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Used hotel while visiting IUP. The hotel is under some renovation but our room was nice. The beds are comfortable and the room is clean. Our room faced the courtyard which was large and had a nice pool with lots of seating around the pool and in the courtyard. It was nice to sit out there and have a snack. The restaurant only had one worker when we had dinner. She sat everyone and was the only waitress. A bit odd with a bit of a wait but she did a great job and was very polite. The food was great..cheeseburger and some appetizers. Breakfast was faster and still good. Overall a nice experience. I would stay there again when visiting the college

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Benjamin W, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Indiana, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear SpikeHenryville,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your greatly valued feedback on your recent stay with us. Our staff is especially pleased that you noted our attention to cleanliness, and that as a full service hotel, your dining experiences were good as well. My apologies that you had a bit of a wait for dinner, however it's good to know that your server delivered an exceptional level of service that, I trust, mirrored a similar level of politeness you encountered from all of our staff.

We appreciate you also taking note of our tropical courtyard and pool area. This has always been a favorite with families since it provides an ample amount of space to let guests relax without a feeling of overcrowding, while still being able to keep an eye on the kids.

Thank you for also mentioning our improvement efforts when it comes to renovating. Our entire staff is extremely excited about the new LCD HDTV's that were installed last month, and I'm sure you can agree that the 50 channels of HD programming are a plus. Also on the agenda for the coming months are structural improvements on the exterior of the building, and having our parking lot re-sealed and re-striped. We look forward to you staying with us again, and hopefully these projects will be completed by then. In the meantime, thanks again for staying at our Holiday Inn. Safe travels!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I reserved a block of rooms for family/guests for my daughter's wedding on June 23, 2012 over a year ago. The women that took care of me were terrific. No problems with the guests reservatons. However after speaking to 3 family members the next day I found that one had cobwebs on ceiling and floor and a dirty shower, another had dirty sheets, no a/c and no working coffee pot and the other had a overflowing toilet. The staf did change the sheets and change rooms for the ones with the overflowing toilet. I did not ask any of the other guests - Very embarassing to say the least.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear btp-01,

Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your family and friends' accommodations. I'm sincerely sorry for the embarrassment you've endured because of the subpar rooms that your family stayed in. We take a lot of pride in our cleanliness, and level of service (which we thank you for positively recognizing). To hear that there were cleanliness issues in two of the rooms is absolutely unacceptable, and I'm hoping to get some additional information from you to know what rooms you're referencing so that our Housekeeping Manager and myself can take the appropriate corrective actions to prevent similar situations from occurring in the future. Most specifically, providing additional training to the guestroom attendant that cleaned those rooms, and holding accountable the inspectress who checked them as being guest ready. I'm also hoping to determine if the maintenance issues were preventable as well. If you could please find time to give me a call at 724-463-3561 x700, or email me at benjamin.ward@prismhotels.com, I'd greatly appreciate it. I also look forward to hearing back from you so that I can reach out to your guests to personally apologize, and issue appropriate compensation in the form of what I would expect had I encountered these issues. Thank you again for staying with us, and for helping us improve based on your feedback.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Came to Indiana to accompany my son for IUP's orientation. Hampton Inn was already booked. This Holiday Inn sufficed, but it was nothing special and was a bit odd. They recommended that I park in the back of the building to reach my room, but then it was so darned hard to find my room once I entered that way -- signs didn't clearly direct me to my room which was actually in the atrium, not along that back hallway. It was better for a woman traveling alone to park in the front, pass through the lobby and through the atrium to my room.

Atrium/pool area was oddly quiet -- NOONE passing through or using that space both days that I was there. Whole place felt oddly dated, as you could see that it had once been a motel with outside rooms/parking, converted to an interior hotel. Atrium/pool area need to be updated. Room was fine, though.

Wish they offered an included breakfast in the morning as so many hotels do now.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Dear Anonymous2_10,

Thank you for your feedback. Although it would be nice if we were your first look for accommodations in Indiana, we appreciate you staying with us. I'm sorry about the confusion in finding your room. Based on your feedback, our Front Office Manager will be instructing our front desk agents to show guests upon arrival, where their room is according to our hotel layout map. Our maintenance department is also looking into additional signage throughout the property.

I'm surprised that you found our courtyard to be quiet when you stayed since that's usually where families like to congregate due to the pool and hospitality area. Hopefully the quietness contributed to additional peace while you were relaxing in your room. And you're right, our exterior guestrooms at one point were exposed to the outside, and were then enclosed by hallways. This, and our indoor courtyard area you noticed, are what we think give our hotel it's character, and distinguishes us from some of the "cookie cutter" hotels you see nowadays.

Our staff will be appreciative to know that you found your room comfortable, and in regards to the complimentary breakfast, we do offer packages that include breakfast, or if you are a Priority Club member, we offer a complimentary breakfast as one of several perks you can select from when you check-in. Ultimately, we again appreciate you staying with us and providing your feedback, and if there's anything else that you noticed we excelled at or could have done better, please feel free to give me a call. Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Indiana
Hilton Garden Inn Indiana at IUP
#6 of 7 in Indiana
11 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Blairsville at Chestnut Ridge
Holiday Inn Johnstown Downtown

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Indiana? Share your experiences!