“Great food, beautiful restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pomodoro

Pomodoro
Ranked #14 of 50 Restaurants in Bewdley
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great food, beautiful restaurant!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited Pomodoro on a weekday (two adults, an 8year old and a baby. The restaurant I think is relatively new, but venue was gorgeous. Rustic low beams and exposed brickwork give the restaurant a beautiful Italian tavern feel. The menu is great pastas, pizza, meats and a children's menu. I had the rigatoni with pancetta and sausage which was beautiful with just the right amount of chilli. The kids pizza was quite big but beautifully authentic! The only niggle was that service was relatively slow, took about 10 /15 minutes to order our drinks. The restaurant was quite busy though. To sum up, great Italian food and great atmosphere, well worth a visit, I will be returning!

• Visited April 2013

“Pretty good let down by small details”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went here for Mother's Day. Not the best start when they couldn't find our reservation but once that was sorted, we were shown to our table upstairs in very pleasant surroundings with a nice atmosphere.

The menus are presented as several sheets of paper on a board with a large clip. This felt like being on a geography field trip and they were a complete faff to get on and off, also makes the place feel quite cheap.

My starter of stuffed aubergine rolls was fantastic. Lots of subtle, complementary flavours and textures. Brilliant.

For my main, I had the haddock and spinach cannelloni. The filling was delicious in a rich tomato sauce. However, the outside of the dish was burnt, the top of it was very dry and the tomato sauce looked dried out. It seemed like it had been left too long in the oven or been reheated? Anyway, as it was Mother's Day and I am British, I didn't say anything and ate the whole thing.

Tiramisu for desert was a generous helping and pretty good but nothing to write home about.

One slight niggle that later on during our meal, I could hear the staff in the kitchen laughing and joking quite loudly. I don't want to sound like a killjoy but it was not very professional and a bit off-putting when trying to have your own conversation.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank B1uenose
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went in at lunch time, god food and good choice, staff were very good and attentive. Would go back for an evening meal

Worcs
“Excellent Italian food in charming surroundings”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We had heard mixed reviews about this place but decided to judge for ourselves. The restaurant itself is in a beautiful old building and I loved the miss matched tables and chairs upstairs with all the jars of produce on display on open shelves, it definitely adds character and interest. Main course wise it is pretty much just pizza/pasta or a spectacular burger, I would normally expect a couple more meat or fish options on a menu. That said, our party of 8 went mainly for various pasta dishes and they were all exceptionally tasty, and the one who went for the burger was also delighted with his meal. Two of us had a pannetonne chocolate bread and butter pudding which was delicious too. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed it and will no doubt visit again!

“They want to please!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Really good authentic products being used. Great artichokes, proper mortadella and proscutto crudo and a not bad prossecco! My daughter enjoyed her homemade pizza and the coffee wasn't bad either. Service was very slow. Hope that improves! Great for a lazy lunch or for a bowl of spaghetti after the kids have been picked up from school.

• Visited February 2013