“Brilliant afternoon!”

Go Ape at Wyre Forest
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Bewdley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Half the species of UK butterflies and moths can be found in our forest in Worcestershire. Our Tree Top Adventure at Wyre Forest, near Kidderminster is home to some of the most significant woodlands in England. Go Ape offers two to three hours of fun and adventure. It's a great way to get outdoors and try some a little bit unique. We take one lush, green forest and a healthy dollop of breathtaking scenery. Then we add a smattering of tree top high wire, tricky crossings and unforgettable zip wires. And Wyre Forest is also home to our Tree Top Junior Adventure for Junior Tarzans. Release your little monkeys onto a Go Ape course designed for them. No one loves adventure more than kids! If you're looking for days out in Worcestershire, why not get in the Go Ape spirit in one of Britain's largest remaining ancient woodlands? Wyre Forest is cared for by the Forestry Commission so there's plenty of other activities for you and your tribe if you're trying to find things to do near Worcester. You can take in the sights and smells of the statuesque oak and fir trees that line the course for great days out, or even make a adventurous weekend of it and explore the 6000-acre forest. Don't forget to enjoy a cuppa in our very own Forest Cafe.
Stourport-on-Severn, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Brilliant afternoon!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Been wanting to do it for ages so was a little worried I'd be disappointed after all the hype - was definitely not! Loved every minute of it and now want to do it again. Also, the cafe does a lovely cup of tea with a great selection of cakes.

Visited June 2013

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't think about it, just book it.”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What an absolutely brilliant afternoon out. I cannot fault the Go Ape system or staff in any way.
Myself and a friend booked in at the last minute as our plans had changed. I feared that it might be a bit of a tame activity dumbed down by over the top health and safety etc....

However, the system is so clever as it is very safe and well controlled but at no time do you feel that you are being "nannied" The thrills and spills are abundant and you're left to enjoy the course at your own pace.

The length of the course is spot on, leaving you pleasantly tired but very happy and still wanting more. You don't need to be really fit, just happy to get stuck in. This will suit people of all ages and certainly isn't just for the kids.

The whole activity represents very good value for money and the staff were friendly and professional. The equipment is in very good condition and all well maintained.

If you're hesitating in any way, just go for it. You will not regret it.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Aydinlatma
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Awesome adventure”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter had wanted to do this for some time and so we booked and pitched up. I have to say both of us were a little fearful. George was our instructor and he put us all at ease and fitted our harnesses and guided us through the safety rules and how to secure yourself to the tree. Then after a practice session we were off.

The first section is fairly tame and I wasn't overly worried, however it does get much higher. The instructors are down on the ground guiding you through it and this helped put my mind at rest. I have to say at times I was genuinely really nervous, but the satisfaction of getting to the other side is amazing.

The zip wires are just out of this world, flying through the tree tops is an awesome experience and the landing was pretty good too. My 12 year old daughter was brilliant and led the way.

Fantastic time spent in a lovely forest and an amazing experience too. Im so pleased we opted to do this and would certainly recommend it. It took us, along with the safety demo about 3 hours but we enjoyed every minute of it.

Its just got to be done.

Thanks George.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Steve_St71
Worcester, United Kingdom
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great fun - highly reccomended”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is great fun and well worth a visit. The location is beautiful and the course is quite big with lots to do and varying difficulties of high ropes.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lucy S
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Oh. My. God.”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Seriously. Oh my god. It was FANTASTIC! Went for my brother's birthday and did the course with my brother, dad and husband, I was the only girl up for it in the family! I'd been a bit worried as I'm not overly fit or athletic, and had never done anything like this, smaller when I was at school, and considerably lower! The hardest physical part is actually climbing all the ladders.

The 'training' to start was quite fast-paced, but everything was covered and repeated to drive it home. Plus every obstacle has diagrams showing what connects where, and reminding you that you always have to have at least one ring connected at all times.

The obstacles were not easy but also not hard, it's mainly the balance and the guts to try them, in the case of some, to pretty much step out of a tree with nothing underneath and then swing down and across to the net!

Overall, fantastic and a great family day. If you have people following around tho, ask them to wait by the zip lines with water, although there are portable dispensers they are quite stiff, personally I wasn't able to turn them.

Visited August 2013