“Nice place”

Clementines Coffee
Ranked #1 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Bewdley
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cleobury Mortimer, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I pop in here for tea and cake or a light lunch whenever I find myself in Bewdley - its a nice cafe serving good snacks and homemade cakes. Staff are all very pleasant.

• Visited March 2013

Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Mystified as to what all the fuss is about for this establishment. We recently visited Clementines for one of their invitation "Gourmet Evenings".
We were squashed in a tiny room and as a result of the crush it was impossible for the waiter to "wait on" our table, instead he had to pass the dishes to us for us to distribute ourselves. It was the same with the dirty dishes, we had to stack them up ourselves and pass them to the waiter. Not really what you would expect for a "Gourmet Evening". My first bite into my Red Onion starter revealed a large piece of outer onion skin, not very tasty. The main courses on offer were, basically a chicken curry and a Spanish pork stew. My pork stew consisted of 4 small pieces of meat, 4 small pieces of potato, about 14 olives and some peppers and onions and a few mange tout. For some unexplained reason we had to wait approx 45 mins between the starter and main course. After we had started our main course we were brought a couple of pieces of baguette, which were really needed to supplement the small portions. The deserts were adequate but the waiter could not remember which deserts were on the menu.
I'm sorry Clementines, if you are going to continue to charge £20 a head for such meager fayre, your customer base will very soon vanish. In reality the two main courses were nothing more than "one pot" dishes which anyone with very little cooking skill and ability could have knocked up at home.
All in all a very disappointing evening.

5 Thank grantourismo99
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Welcomed every time”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Every time we visit this lovely coffee shop we get a warm welcome. Nothing is too much trouble the food is always of the highest quality and portions generous. I would especially recommend the ham and poached eggs for breakfast. Service always speedy too. Today we ordered and our drinks were at the table by the time we got back (we were on the top floor)
Think we are going to be regulars here!

2 Thank debbiejane64
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't ignore the hype!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I couldn't disagree more with Laineylass. I visited Clementines this afternoon and was delighted not only with the food and decor but also with the lovely ladies who work there. As a resident of Bewdley I would agree that we have desperately needed somewhere like this for many years and it exceeds any expectations I had! Thank you for a wonderful afternoon and the best carrot cake I have ever tasted!

1 Thank ELVaracus
Bewdley, United Kingdom
“Don't believe the hype - its just ok”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This coffee shop is a pleasant venue with seating over 3 floors. We visited due to the fabulous reviews on here and had the daily special of cheese & potato pie - it was very dry and not very flavoursome though the side salad and ham were nice enough. The young girl on the till was a bit patronising both to me and another customer in front - though the other staff all seemed very efficient.

I think Bewdley has been lacking a decent lunchtime venue for such a long time that people have got a bit over enthusiastic!

2 Thank Laineylass