“HOTEL KIDDERMINSTER”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bewdley
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“HOTEL KIDDERMINSTER”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just returned from our two night bed breakfast plus one evening meal break,and can again fully recommend this hotel.the weather was very cold but all the staff made us both warm and welcome.The food was of very good standard and very prompt,the Hotel and our room was first class.The Severn Valley steam railway is just 10 minutes away and fully recommend a visit.Deffinately return to this Hotel again for the same price.

Room Tip: Our room on first floor .no problem
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I am indebted to you for your very positive appraisal of your recent stay with us once more.

It would,be a pleasure to meet you personally during your next stay, so please feel free to make yourselves known.

Yours Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff plus the quality of the food makes this a place we will return to.
The staff were very response to any requests we made.

Ideal location for a visit to the Severn Valley Railway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am delighted to read that we can expect to see you again in the near future, and my team will look forward to greeting you again then.
The location for local attractions is enviable given the closeness of them all, and makes it easy to see the wonderful countryside too.

Thank you once again , and see you soon.
Chepstow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The only thing that let this hotel was the service in the restuarant. Evening meal was the worst. Just two staff to cover all the tables, who kept changing. They were running around like headless chickens, as they kept changing none seem to know who they should be serving! First course came up cold, Second course had items missing which never appeared, and we gave up waiting for the Third course, which had been paid for! This is not the first time this happened to me at this Hotel. It was better in Jarvis hands!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thankyou for your feedback following your recent stay, especially regarding the service received in the Restaurant . Please accept my profuse apologies for the shortfall in our service operation, and despite the unexpected shortage of service staff present, it is no excuse for the issues that occurred..
I would be delighted to receive a call from from you in order that I may be able to make my amends personally, and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours Faithfully.
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

When we first arrived, the general manager hopped onto the tour bus and said 'I hope you've all brought lots of money' ... This immediately raised suspicions of he just wants our money and to be rid of us. We joked that he reminded us of basil from fawlty towers. The rooms were of adequate size but very dirty and just felt grimey. Cobwebs were evident, hair was in the bathtub, and the floor felt sticky. It was clear that this was a theme throughout the hotel as we could see all the black marks from chewing gum on these horrible old fashioned brown carpets which hadnt been removed from what looks like 10 years ago. It was even worse in the restaurant. The breakfast serving was good but the food on the night wasnt great and for what the prices were I expected far better. The drinks were very overpriced, this probably cant be help as mercure might set it for every hotel but for this one, in the countryside in no major city, you think a double vodka and redbull wouldnt cost you just short of £10 and a stella cidre would cost £4.90!
This place isnt that bad, wont be coming again. All they need to do is spend money on cleaning and rennovation, obviously someone has cobwebs of their own in their wallet. It doesn't cost that much for a half decent carpet cleaner and feather duster!

• Stayed March 2013
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay for four nights with your group , and whilst I am most apologetic for the points you have raised , I dearly wish that you had been able to let me know of your anguish as soon as you could , and I would have been able to rectify the problem immediately.
As you know I was present at nearly every meal, and would have been happy to have discussed the issues with you.
I really do hope that you will reconsider and that you will attend for the same week in March next year. If so, please let me know and I will do all I can to ensure your stay is a much more pleasant affair.

Kindest Regards

Travelers are raving about these Bewdley hotels

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I'm a regular user of Mercure with work, and used to the standard. My wife on the other hand was disappointed at the basic quality of the room on arrival. However overall the experience was okay. The room while functional was clean and tidy, the staff were attentive and helpful, and breakfast was good.

We were attending a party nearby, so limited choice of places to stay, but if you're in the area, and willing to go a little below total opulence, give it a go!

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.

Whilst I am sorry that we didn't tick all of your boxes, I am pleased that you found the Hotel to be good value, with good food and service, in a great location, and that you enjoyed your stay.

With kindest regards
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Myself and My daughter stayed for only one night but i would have liked to stay longer . the Staff from the Reception to the bar restrant and leisure club were all very helpful. The room we had was stunning with a beautiful 4 poster bed and lovely decore, it was large and spacious and lovely and clean. the food was really tasty even for my fussy 21 year old. i am glad we stayed as this was a special treat for my daughters 21st birthday as a suprise we stayed in the Hotel and then went on to do a day out on a VIP tour. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. and the staff should be praised so nice to see a smiling face and nothing to much thank you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sara1511
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I showed your comments to all the team, and they were as thrilled as I was , to read that we had may your stay so speacial, particularly on such a celebratory occasion as your Daughter's 21st birthday.

We all look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Thank you once again, for all your kind comments.

Kindest Regards
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2013

A real home from home hotel, comfy, clean, lovely food with very helpful and friendly staff, will definitely have a return visit!!
Excellent choices at breakfast with fruit juices,cereals,yogurts, an excellent continental range of pastries and of course the full english.
There was a good car park which was well lit.
Very enjoyable stay was had at "The Mercure"

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gill P
John M, General Manager at Mercure Kidderminster Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
It is always a pleasure to receive such compliments from someone as experienced in Hotels as your goodself.
We are all delighted that you were able to fully relax and enjoy your stay with us , and look forward to greeting you again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bewdley
Gainsborough House Hotel
Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
Premier Inn Kidderminster Hotel
#2 of 5 in Kidderminster
The Granary Hotel and Restaurant

Been to Mercure Kidderminster Hotel? Share your experiences!