“Review of park”

Vale House Cafe & Tea Room
Description: Cafe serving hot and cold drinks, wonderful icecream in a variety of flavours. Snacks, small selection of daily special main meals and our ever popular breakfasts. Afternoon tea and cream teas are a speciality, with freshly made sandwiches to order, fruit scones with fresh cream and strawberries and home made cakes.
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Review of park”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Just had ice cream frm cafe so not going to review. The park on the other hand was fab! Well worth a walk out of New Brighton (10 mins). Park very well kept, there was a kids event at pristine bandstand (so lovely to see good upkeep in this day and age where most are in disrepair). Lovely gardens, places to sit and places for kids to play, run around. Little gem!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MyTravelsJoWatch

“basic mistakes”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Heard about the lovely vale park with its live music and little cafe through the internet. Travelled 2 trains to get there to take my 2 boys out for the day.
We arrived around 1pm so headed straight for lunch. Walked in to an empty cafe minus one gentleman. There was a young man cleaning empty tables to the left. He looked at me several times and pretended to be busy by stroking the table cloths until he couldn't avoid me anymore (a good 3 minutes of so). There were no menus to be seen just a chalk board giving you sandwich options and chips.
I ordered a tuna sandwich, a cheese sandwich and a cheese baguette with a side of chips. The sandwiches are served with salad and coleslaw.
Once we got ourselves seated a flustered female chef came to me and said have you ordered the cheese baguette hot or cold? (i found this an odd question as in my head sandwiches are cold,and it was the hottest day of the year)
Food arrived and the question made sense. My baguette was an uncooked part baked baguette, chewy, dry and sour. If cold was a problem why not be honest rather than serve me something inedible.
Salad was the cheap bagged stuff with crunchy cabbage in and there was no coleslaw. There were more black chips that not and there was more mayo than tuna in the sandwich. £12 down (didn't order drinks) I decided to complain. I waited a good 5 mins but no one to be seen so gave up. Never again!

3 Thank jake1904
Peebles, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We've been coming here for years with my aunt who is a friend of Vale Park. She loves this place as it's where she got engaged. However our visit on Tuesday was a disaster and we did not stay to eat. No menu apart from sandwiches and apparently a chef who can't even cook an omelette despite me asking the manageress if this was possible and being told it was. Very disappointed 91 year old. Shame on you Vale House. Get your act together.

1 Thank mordaj1
iandavid, Manager at Vale House Cafe & Tea Room, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
We are so sorry that you had a poor experience at Vale Café, I have spoken to the staff involved and they are so sorry that things were not better for you that day.

We have now a new Chef and a new menu and hope you can come back and see that your experience was a one off.
Elstead, United Kingdom
“What a gem”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Visiting family who met us at New Brighton. Wanted a lunch so walked along the front and found this hidden gem. Weather fab so 6 of us sat outside and had a fabulous lunch at exceptional price. Wonderful friendly staff. Could not fault anything. So, if you are in the area and want a lunch at a great price served by fab staff then look no further.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Karen M
Wirral
“Sunday tea”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Brill place on a sunny afternoon for a quick lunch or just an ice cream after a walk on the prom or in the park. Gets very busy and always a queue for a table but a nice place. And its dog friendly outside too

Visited March 2014