“Love Spanish food but I found this bland”
Review of La Tasca New Brighton - CLOSED

La Tasca New Brighton
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love Spanish food but I found this bland”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have lived in Spain, eat Spanish style food regularly and I've been to other la tasca, however this one lacks that Spanish feel and I found the food a little bland. I hope it gets better but I wouldn't rush back

1 Thank winkwallops

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Too many interruptions by staff!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

First time I have eaten here the food was served promptly and looked nicer than it tasted. Rather bland. My main thing was we were approached at least 8 times by staff - do you want another drink - 4 times when we clearly had plenty. Is everything ok 3 times, did we want to look at the desert menu? When we said no, the waitress just stood there - my husband still had 1/2 pint left, we asked for the bill - obviously she wanted us out! "Are you paying by card or cash" she asked, we said card and she immediately brought the bill and cash card payment machine! Felt they couldn't get us out quick enough! We were in and out in 35 mins - two courses!

1 Thank Maxine W
Cheshire uk
“Was pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Don't agree with a lot of the feedback we had heard and the reviews on here. The service was quick and friendly, food was great and atmosphere pleasant and it seemed very organised with a good presence of the manager. Will definitely go back. We did try to book a few weeks ago online and was annoyed that it took 24 hrs to say it was full! I would recommend ringing for a reservation but tonight we got a table without booking.

“Not bad!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Monday! Service was pretty good albeit there was not many tables in. Ordered starters and tapas mains. All the food was very nice and tasty. Sangria didnt seem to have much alcohol in at all so i wouldn't get that again! Overall a good experience and will certainly return. A nice 20% off too with loyaly card. Would be overpriced without discount!

Wirral, United Kingdom
“Great food,great service very helpful friendly staff”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We made an online booking but failed to check for a response, we arrived at La Tasca at what we thought was our time slot to be told that a reply e mail had been sent to say that they were fully booked up, however they found us a slot and I can only say that this was THE BEST meal we had ever had. It's really great to see New Brighton back were it was a century ago and it's all down to our Clown...