“First visit, won't be the last. ”

Chimichanga - New Brighton
Ranked #15 of 39 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wallasey, United Kingdom
“First visit, won't be the last. ”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Decided to visit Chimichanga before an afternoon film at The Light, neither disappointed. Great value lunch menu and attentive service. Would certainly return in the near future, found the portion sizes sufficient and the prices reasonable.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Not the best. ”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I dined here on a Saturday evening which we pre booked earlier in the day. When booking we asked for a booth but were told that this may not be possible which I thought was quite strange - why not??

We arrived on time at 7:30 and were told that our table was not quite ready so we went to the bar to order some drinks. After waiting about 10 minutes at the bar we finally had our drinks order taken. Piña colada and a fanta which the bar staff seemed to struggle with. Not sure if it was the shortage of staff but the bar looked pretty messy and staff seemed to be a bit unorganised. After taking a few sips of my cocktail I couldn't taste much alcohol so asked the barmaid what alcohol was in it.. She had forgot to put the Bacardi in! However she rectified the situation and poured some Bacardi in and told me to "just give it a stir". Haa!

After about another 15 minute wait at the bar we were finally shown to our table.. Although there seemed to be booths available we were sat at a table in the middle if the restaurant - so they ignored our earlier request for a booth. My boyfriend and I specifically requested a booth for a bit of privacy and I know this might sound petty but when you're celebrating a special occasion, u want everything to be just right!

Long story short; we ordered and the food came fairly quickly. I cook Mexican food at home a lot and thought the food here was a bit tasteless and lacked flavour. The portion sizes were however generous.

Not sure I will return here which is a shame because Mexican is my absolute favourite! The restaurant just seems really disjointed and unorganised. And the food is nothing to write home about really.. I'll be willing for it to improve though because it could be brilliant if they just improved on a few things.

Good luck Chimmies! You've got a lot of competition up at Marine Point now..

1 Thank Hazical
Newcastle
“Overpriced drinks, average food, good service”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

We went with some friends when we were visiting their new home nearby.

The mojitos were £5.50, small and not very nice. Some cocktails in small glasses full of ice, some in large. The caiprinha was nicer than the mojito.

Nachos were average and seabass was nice but just a small fillet and had to order sides separately.

Service was very good from the waitress and bar staff.

Probably would go again if in the area again.

New Brighton, United Kingdom
“Food just ok and service very slow.”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Visited early on a Saturday evening. We hadn't pre-booked so had to wait half an hour for a table. Went over to Wetherspoons for a drink rather than pay the bar prices in the restaurant.
Table was ready when we went back over. Staff very friendly but the service was far too slow. We waited over an hour between starters and mains and we had to ask for cutlery with each course, not sure if we were supposed to eat with our fingers!!
My husband and I shared a combo starter which was lovely. Our mains however were not so good. We had enchilladas, mine with chicken and my husbands with chilli beef. The fillings were mostly peppers and onion, there was very little chicken in mine, or beef in his. Our relatives opted for sea bass and steak but were not overly impressed with either.
We also complained about the price of the house wine. £14.50 for house red which hardly had any taste. That said, all the restaurants in New Brighton seem to be charging exorbitant prices for wine. We asked the manager why you can get a bottle of decent wine for under £9 in Wetherspoons. He said it is because they are such a large chain and can order hundreds of cases. That is nonsense of course. You can get a decent bottle of wine in Morrisons, a couple of doors away, for £5. Why don't they buy it from there? They could still do 100% mark up if they sold it for £10!!!
We had an enjoyable evening but that was mostly due to the good company rather than the venue!!

• Visited January 2014
neston,wirral
“Good food before the cinema”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Nice Mexican food! The portion sizes are large and the food is tasty, I have been here a couple of times and the service can be slow/relaxed at times! However there is a nice atmosphere in the restaurant and is a great place for a casual meal

Visited January 2014