“Surprised!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Perfectly cooked food at reasonable prices. The staff were lovely and not too attentive! Perfect for a family meal out. We went on a Sunday evening so no need to book, but been advised to book on a Friday or Saturday as gets really busy. Will be returning very soon!

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Decent atmosphere and friendly staff. Food is average and extremely pricey for what you get. Mains are about £11-13 on average and that doesn't include chips which you have to get separately which makes it expensive. Not going to return here. I'd rather travel to Liverpool and eat at Savina!

1  Thank Flyer1987
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My new wife and I went for a meal last night to get into the mexican spirit before going on our honey moon. We had not made a reservation and walking in at 7.30pm on a saturday was a bold move, but we only waited about 15 minutes to be seated right by the windows with a great view. The restaurant was packed and there was a great atmosphere.
We were treated brilliantly by all of the staff who couldn't do enough for us, and were seen to straight away. We both had the chorizo potato skins for starters, which were amazing, and the mains came out about 5-10 minutes after our plates were taken away.
The wife had a bbq chicken steak for main which was again cooked to perfection. My combo fajitas with steak and chicken were incredible. Not usually being the fajita type, I found the fresh guacamole, salsa and sour cream to be beautiful, and enjoyed every single part of it.
Desserts were also amazing, I had the churros which were again beautiful and she had the brownie which was delicious. We were truly stuffed and thoroughly enjoyed our experience from start to finish and will definitely be returning.
A massive thank you to all of the lovely staff for making our night so fantastic, I will definitely be recommending this to all of my friends.

2  Thank Steve R
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have been to Chimichanga's on two occasions and I will certainly return! When my cousin initially booked for us to come I looked on here to get a feel for what the place was like and I was quite put off by the negative comments but I went anyway to make my own mind up! Both times I was greeted by members of staff at the front of house who were very pleasant.
We were seated on the 1st occasion straight away as the table was already booked, on the 2nd occasion we had a short wait as we just called in to see if there were any tables free, the manager on shift "Ian" was very friendly and kept us updated with regards to when we would be seated. Once we were seated we ordered our food and drinks and they came out quite promptly. It is a very busy restaurant but I was more than impressed on how the staff handled the demand! Overall myself, my friends & family all enjoyed ourselves immensely. My final comment would be to new customers, please dont believe all the negative comments and just try it am sure you will enjoy yourselves. Thanks again guys the Chimichanga is a must have :)

1  Thank KG1875
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Went here for a evening meal, three of us for a birthday treat , seated by the window for the fantastic view. When we were seated there were only three other tables eating, we were then asked by three different waitresses on three different occasions if we'd like drinks , these arrived 15 mins later , the bottle of water we ordered being warm :s, then after ordering, waited an eternity for our starters to arrive that we could see waiting for five minutes under the lights to be brought to our table. Main course's dry and tasteless, chips dreadful and still confusion as to who is our waiter/waitress , people entering the resturant being served before us and in the same chaotic fashion , spent half our meal moaning about our meal but we were starving so ate it , they offered the drinks to be refunded after complaining to two different waiters , would of been better going to a popular pub chain

5  Thank Mattandhiscat