“Not bad, food better than some other chains” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prezzo

Prezzo
Ranked #16 of 39 Restaurants in New Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wirral
“Not bad, food better than some other chains”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Better than I expected - don't normally go to chain-type Italians as the food is normally something you could cook at home. The food here was nice enough though, especially the main courses (pizza/pastas). The calamari starter was a bit small and stringey but nothing awful. Surroundings are pleasant and it was decent value as we had a voucher to use. The service was ok, polite but not really going out of their way and it took a very long time to pay at the end. Overall, it's fine but nothing special.

• Visited February 2013

New Brighton, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant but food nothing special.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Visited with family for a lunch time meal. Menu typical of an Italian restaurant, no surprises there. Portions were quite big but the food was just average and not particularly hot. The restaurant itself is pleasant and very clean with a lovely view over New Brighton seafront. But I thought the food was expensive for what it was and I will probably not eat there again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank judithWirral
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Food pretty good - service is shockingly poor!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Only the second time i have eaten here and both times the food has been pretty good - decent pizzas and good choice especially with healthy options.
However the service is terrible - this does not seem to be the fault of the staff who seem a pretty cheery bunch but it is very clear that staffing is cut to the bare minimum and less! There seemed to be only one chef and there appears to be no system between the staff for taking orders and looking after the tables.
The worst trait was the waitresses leaning across the counter by the stone fired oven waiting for their orders to arrive, again I struggle to blame the staff there are just not enough of them and the atmosphere seems tense as they are pushed to their limits.
For the cost of the food this is inexcusable, as is literally spending 10 minutes trying to get someones eye to pay for the bill - is table rotation not the key to a succesful restaurant?
No tips from me - I never tip if I have to ask for the bill.
We did have an internet voucher for a £2:50 main course if you buy one at full price but most main course are excluded so pretty pointless, petty and cheap.
Dont be put off but expect then poor service and you wil be fine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nickph
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Very Nice New Restaurant with Panoramic Views of the Mersey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a New Restaurant situated in a New Development in New Brighton. Spledid views of the River Mersey. Good Value and Quality Meals and Service.

Southport, UK
“Three quarters empty, but couldn't get a booking...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I tried to book this restaurant by phone to be told they were fully booked for the evening,
As I had a voucher, I decided ti get takeaway pizzas to take to my friend's home as I'd arranged to eat with her before going out for the evening.
The restaurant had over 40 seats empty when I arrived, Despite asking if we could sit down, & that we'd eat quickly as we had further plans , we were told ( rather curtly ) they were fully booked.
Half an hour later, the pizzas arrived & we left a half empty restaurant.
The food was nice, but I have to say the service was below standard, & I doubt I'd go back there again.
Prezzo did not bother to reply when I contacted them.

2 Thank LindsaySouthport