“Poor, slow service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had reserved a table online for four at 5.30pm, when we arrived we were surprised to find that the table wasn't ready for us but to be fair it only took them a few minutes to set out the cutlery. The waiter who took our order obviously wasn't interested in us he didn't even bother looking at us whilst writing the order down. The first round of drinks took a long time to arrive, we could see the tray sitting on the bar, the starters took quite a while but after three quarters of an hour waiting for our main course of pizzas we asked the waiter how much longer it would be, they arrived around ten minutes later, my husband also had to wait thirty minutes for his second small glass of wine which cost just over £5.00. The food was less than average and I would not bother going again. If you are going to the cinema, based on our experience you would have to allow a good one and a half hours just to have a pizza.

1  Thank FizzyTiggs
There are newer reviews for Prezzo

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My youngest daughter now lives in London and has a good job in Selfridges, so she is not especially easy to impress. She was more than a bit sceptical when I suggested eating out in New Brighton but agreed when I mentioned Prezzo. The reasturant is modern and spotlessly clean and we were shown to our table by a very frienly waitress who left us alone till our menus had been firmly put down, Daughter had the pasta with salmon which she said was absolutely delicious, and I had the pizza tropicana which was also very tasty, Portion sizes were very generous and we both struggled to finish, but did cos the food was so good!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My wife and I have dined here three times since it opened this summer,so I fee confident in passing comment on the restaurant.
If you intend to 'walk in' the best time is mid afternoon as it gets very busy from about 5.30pm,however if you register with them online you can book online and guarantee your place;also Prezzo will email you discount vouchers every two weeks which can save you up to 25% off your food bill..really good value.There are a range of different discounts so it is well worth taking the time to register.
For a mid-price range Italian the menu choice is superb with great starters,salads,lovely olives and a unique option for the main course..you can have a meal of two half sized pastas,served in separate dishes which is a brilliant idea if you wish to try something you may not have eaten before.
The other pastas are wonderful also,try calzone,a folded in pizza or the girasole,a large ravioli meal..even their Italian burger is something else,try it with gratinated potatoes.There are also grills,including steaks and fish,something for everyone's taste.Everything is fresh,and you can tell,no processed micro waved food here!
The desserts also have a unique twist;if you are in a party where not everyone can manage a full sized dessert,try their taster dessert menu where you can chose a selection of mini desserts and coffees without ending up feeling you are going to explode!..we have this option with a couple of limoncellos to finish the meal.
All the usual desserts and coffees are available,and the wines are good quality and value for money.
All I can say is it deserves to be given a chance to impress you,and I haven't even mentioned the views over the Mersey at sunset,not quite Ibiza but we've never had the option before.
Last but not least,the staff are excellent,not trying to get you fed and pushed out of the place in under an hour;if you need extra time they will leave you alone.They also know what they are serving and can discuss and recommend any item on the menu and are very professional and efficient..that's all you want!

2  Thank 186337Alan
Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you want to watch the ships on the Mersey battling against the waves of the Irish Sea as they they leave Liverpool, then Prezzo at New Brighton is the restaurant for you.

The restaurant itself is large but bright, light and clean. The staff are welcoming and the service is efficient.

I made a lunch time visit when not many people were eating there so the restaurant did lack a bit of atmosphere.

I chose Calamari to start with and sadly it was undercooked. A few more seconds would have given it a crispier texture. It really did feel as though I was chewing an elastic band! The Pizza Funghi had a good crisp base but it was really a bit short of funghi! If you are asked to pay £7.95 for a Pizza then I would expect it to have more topping - it looked a bit mean. However it was tasty and slipped down well.

My advice if you are booking at this restaurant is to ask for a river view. It must be even better at nightime.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

As the headline says, Prezzo in New Brighton offers the highest possible standards in food (really great pasta dishes and the ciabatta and olive oil are to die for - with a touch of coarse sea salt!), service (friendly, attentive and discreet) and outstanding value for money.
For wine lovers - you can't go wrong with the house red, but I did notice (after already ordering) an interesting Frascati (white) which is my target wine for the next visit!