“Nice place”

The Olive Tree Bistro
Ranked #3 of 38 Restaurants in New Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Olive Tree - New Brighton! We serve freshly prepared meals, made with locally sourced produce from Wirral farms and businesses. Fresh meat, fish & vegetables delivered daily to ensure our food is as fresh and flavoursome as possible. Visit us at our new website, and come sample our highly regarded and bespoke craft OLIVE TREE GIN
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went for a meal with my husband. Lovely intimate atmosphere. Food was very good and reasonable for independent restaurant. Wine was nice. Service good.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Lookedbat visiting for a long time but wevwere given vouchers as a present what a great place food well presented and very very tasty friendly atmosphere extensive menu and specials board would visit again I found the portions large

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had the pre theatre meal.. MUSHROOMS EN CROUTE.. starter WAS MUSHROOMS ON BREAD! when i mentioned it to the waiter(i think was manager or owner) he said yeh sorry its toasted bread not pastry! So I rest my case.
Generally the food was ok but somehow the current trend for a bistro is varnished floorboards, chalk menus and casual service .

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I introduce this place to my family, friends and colleagues and try to visit as often as I can. I have eaten here for lunch and dinner on many occasion and have always had excellent friendly, helpful service, a great choice of food and freshly prepared, tasty meals each time. I particularly love the aracini risotto balls (starter) Popeye veggie burger, homemade chips, and goats cheese and caramelised onion panini with their homemade coleslaw.
We make this our venue of choice for birthdays and excuses to celebrate. Book to avoid disappointment, this place is popular!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Well I thought i make a quick visit for lunch, after recommendations and reading a few reviews.

I have to say that the bistro is only average. We decided to just have the sandwiches as the hot meals we wanted was not ready to serve (scouse). The sandwiches where nice but nothing spectacular, and the side order of chips was horrible frozen chips.

Looking around we saw others having the fish and chips which looked burnt or over done.

All i say is frozen chips.

Leanne W, Owner at The Olive Tree Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Sorry that we had run out of scouse on the daytime menu. From time to time we have big rushes on certain dishes. We do cook from fresh and scouse is one of those things that takes a while to cook.

Regarding the chips We are only a small team and to hand prep all our chips would mean we would have to employ a permanent person to prepare them when we would rather have that person prepping all the other yummy food we sell. To get over this we buy our daytime chips in and have handcut chips which we prepare on the premises for specials and for evening service (after 4pm) . We usually have them in and ready to go so if you return to us in the daytime just ask and you can have the handcut chips if they are your preference. Some of our regular evening customers request the daytime chips. We aim to please it’s all about personal preference.

Regarding you saying that another tables dish looked burned. The fish is beer battered so that batter is naturally darker than a regular one and the handcut chips which come with that dish have the skins on so also look a bit darker but I can assure you they are not burned.

Hope to see you again at some point in the future.

Best wishes