“Seems to change chains regularly”
Review of The Churchill

The Churchill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This chain pub/restaurant seems to have changed rather frequently. The worst period was when it was a Hungry Horse style restaurant. My most recent visit was a little better in its guise as an 'Eating Inn'. The food & service were good.

1  Thank Jan R
Paul H, Manager at The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Glad to read that you were happy on your most recent visit.

We converted to Eating Inn 28 months ago, as a new brand it took a few months to adapt to the new branding, however we are now in a brand that has an identity and has something to offer everyone.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back very soon

Many Thanks

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Arrived at 12.30 Saturday lunchtime and the Churchill was packed. It was recommend by family member as a place to go with small children. 3 generations from 60 year olds down to 3 & 5 years old grand kids. Yes it was noisy but ideal for youngsters. Our family table booth had a tv embedded in the wall with a kids show playing. The kids menu had a colouring sheet on the reverse with crayons provided on the table. On top of all this there is the Playzone with climbing, sliding, ropes & all sorts in a soft play area. When you have small children to feed and keep amused the Churchill is absolutely ideal. To an extent the food is almost incidental, as the kids coloured the grown ups talked and had some drinks while we waited for our food to arrive. Having noted comments about the length of wait for service I can honestly say I was impressed with how pleasant and attentive the staff were considering how busy they were and our wait was more than acceptable.

Food is reasonably up market pub grub at equally reasonable prices. Everyone should find something to their taste. We had the sea bream, salads, gammon & the kids sausages and burgers. All fine. I can personally recommend the black pudding starter.

This is NOT a restaurant for a quiet romantic meal. It is designed for families with children and it does this very well in a less than formal setting so keep up the good work.

Its lovely to read that you enjoyed what we offer.

We are a family pub and do pride ourselves on doing this the best way that we can.

I look forward to welcoming you and your Family back in the very near future

Paul & the churchill Team,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Awful, awful service. As I was waiting for my order to be taken, I overheard the waitress talk to the barman about her sex life. If that wasnt enough to put me off of my food, the hygeine was disgusting. The staff smelt and handled my cutlery and glass exactly where my mouth went. The food was greesy and the plate and the cutlery were dirty. I was ill from the salmon DO NOT EAT HERE.

2  Thank Sarah S

Thanks for leaving a review

Sorry to read that you were not happy with our offerings at The Churchill.

I have tried to contact you on the email address provided to resolve the issue but as yet i have had no reply.

If you would like to discuss the matter in depth please feel free to contact me direct.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Visited three times whilst staying nearby and enjoyed each meal. Golden Years meals were really good value. All the staff on each occasion were friendly and helpful and seemed to enjoy serving even when really busy !

Thanks for leaving a review

Glad to read that you enjoyed your recent visit, thought i would mention that we now have a new menu also, so on your next visit you get to choose from our lovely new dishes

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed September 30, 2013

A pre booked Sunday lunch family gathering at 2.00 and sadly we had to ask the waitress if we could give our drinks order nearly half an hour after sitting down at our table. Then another 10 minutes for 6 drinks to arrive. After that the food was good and service ok but it left us disappointed. We would return but be mindful of our timing and service expectations.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review

Sorry to read that you had a wait on your last visit.

We do at busy times operate set booking times to prevent any delays on the service that we provide, however we do advise on any delays that may occur due to circumstances beyond our control, if this was not the case then i do appologise.

I hope to welocme you back in the future