“Something for everyone”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the regular lunchtime pub and restaurant of a local company which I visit five or six times a year and we always manage to fit in a visit to The Churchill (probably because I usually pick up the tab).

There is a good selection of proper beer and the food, from quite an extensive menu, has always been uniformly excellent. I always wish I hadn't so much to do in the afternoon, so that I could enjoy something more substantial than my usual light meal without the risk of falling asleep, but my fellow diners have no such inhibition and 'fill their boots' as they would say.

The service has always been friendly, helpful and efficient and the prices are what I would expect to pay in this type of establishment.

The reason for the title of this piece is that there are distinct areas here, where children can play, where people can just eat and drink quietly or where small groups can sit around a fireplace and watch a large television, if that is their thing. These areas seem to be well-contained so that, for example, the television or excitable children are not a distraction to those in other areas. Well, all right, me.

I have no idea what The Churchill is like in the evenings, but every lunchtime visit has been a pleasure, so well done them.

Paul H, Manager at The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for the Review.

Glad you enjoy the Churchill (even though you always get to pay the bill!)

We try our very best to give all a great dining experince with great customer service.

I will share this review with the team as it gives great job satisfaction

Best wishes & see you soon

Paul & The Churchill team

Reviewed September 10, 2013

had an excellent lunch here with friends on a recommendation , well worth a visit, staff very welcoming and friendly, good service and food excellent, they keep a good pint to.

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review.

Its always a pleasure to read that our guests have had an enjoyable time, and enjoy what we offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back soo

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Great place for children so go later to avoid the noise if you don't have children with you. Staff friendly and food good.

Thanks for taking the time in leaving a review.

Glad to read that you enjoy the food here at The Churchill, we try and cater for all guests by having seperate areas for families or adults dining alone.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future so you can sample our new menu that goes live on the 22 of October

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have visited this restaurant many times now ( not by choice) and have yet to have a decent meal. It seems to me when they are busy all food seems be reheated by microwave. Last meal I had Poached egg in the starter was hard boiled not runny. Chips are mostly undercooked and soggy. That's it for me will not be visiting again.

Paul H, Manager at The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time in leaving a review.

Sorry to read that you did not enjoy your recent visit, i can assure you however that all our meals are prepared to order.

If you would like to discuss the matter in person please feel free to contact me direct and hopefully we can restore your faith in The Churchill.

Paul & The Churchill team

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just visited The Churchill - surprisingly quiet when we arrived. Nice meal, served quite promptly - a bonus was that having ordered two grill meals, we were entitled to a free bottle of wine as it was Grill Night!! Just a shame that we had to ask for the wine, rather than it being offered when our order was taken. Reasonable value for pub grub.

Paul H, Manager at The Churchill, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I was glad to read that you enjoyed your recent visit, it gives us great job satisfaction to read that our guests enjoy what we offer here.

I will use your experience of the steak offer in our next team meeting to ensure it does not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.