“Lovely ...”

Well House Manor
Well House Manor
Ranked #4 of 15 Melksham B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Well, what a surprise! This is a gem of a hotel. Charming location … charming rooms … and Lisa and Graham Ellis are CHARMING Inn-Keepers! The location is convenient to downtown shopping and restaurants. The rooms are plush and well appointed. The bathrooms are spacious and … Guess What!? They provide washcloths! I can’t express to you how much we enjoyed our stay this past Summer …

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique ... you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank tyfh

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We were visiting my parents in Bromham a few miles away and found this to be an excellent place to stay and we will be using it again when we visit the area

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sue B
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Well House Manor is independently owned and gains a friendly, personal service advantage you would hope for. What is way beyond expectations is the quality of literally everything inside the attractive building, which is set in it's own grounds.

Once you car is parked in the complimentary space out front, you receive a warm welcome and are taken to your beautifully equipped room. The standard of cleanliness is exceptional and could not be improved and there is a sense that when fitting out the interior, which has been really tastefully done, some serious money must have been spent.

This is evident in that on inquiring I found out that the hotel was fitted out in 2006, but looks like it could have been done yesterday. In many chains, who incidentally charge handsomely and are not short of cash, once a refit it more than a number of months past, the cost saving becomes evident as the appearance ages quickly. Not so in Well House Manor which is fitted in a way that you would do your own home, where it is not in your interest for things to start falling apart and looking dog-eared after a few months. This is possibly a result of it being independently owned, but is really appreciated either way.

Like many people, I find myself compelled to write reviews for two reasons; either I am happy or unhappy in the extreme. My stay at Well House came at the end of an already long week hopping from one chain hotel to another, but despite staying there to learn some programming skills, I left feeling like I had relaxed in true luxury. Real fresh orange juice I squeezed myself with the help of an intriguing machine...what more could I want?!

Having your expectations met, let alone exceeded is a rare thing. Well House Manor exceeded my expectations on every level. Can I see anything I'd change? Well, I might move the emergency light from above the bed (which is probably where it should be in terms of statutory requirements), maybe offer a fry-up (I didn't want one, but people often do), and....dare I say it....charge more. Sadly, people often judge a hotel - especially an independent, by the price tag. I'd like the current rate though please!:)

I say this passionately; If you need to be somewhere nearby-ish, add a bit of driving and stay in Melksham rather than going to a chain which may be nearer your meeting. If it's not for work, Melksham is actually a pretty nice town too.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are the same, as far as I know. If you a light sleeper, try to get one at the back...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
5  Thank Skootaman
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My parents, husband and I recently stayed at the Well House Manor and were most impressed. Everything about the hotel is just perfect. The rooms are spotless, staff friendly and the facilities were everything a guest could want when away from home and more

Room Tip: All the rooms are 5 star
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JacquiJedrzejewski
Reviewed March 27, 2011

We was looking for a hotel near to Bath but not in the centre, we found that everywhere we looked at was booked up until we looked further afield, we came across Well Manor Hotel in Melksham & was already impressed with the reasonable pricing & look of the bedrooms. We was not dissappointed, we have stayed in quite a few hotels in the UK & abroad, I could not fault the facilities in the room as well as the hotel, the rooms were spacious, clean, bed was very comfortable as was the pillows, there was a safe, small fridge, iron, ironing board, tea & coffee, plenty of towels, great bathroom with shower. We had a continental breakfast which was ample with fresh orange juice, plenty of fruit, ham & cheese, cereals, white & brown bread, croissants & porridge. Tea & great coffee's out of the machine , we could have as many as we liked. We had use of a computer & internet. Although it was on a main road it was set back & could leave the bedroom windows open at night as it wasn't too noisy. I would definately stay here again.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Gaz6
Reviewed March 24, 2011

We were warmly welcomed and very well cared for during our stay - there was even a birthday card for my husband signed by all the staff! The rooms are spacious, beautifully appointed, beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are very well equipped. A very peaceful place with lovely views over the garden from our room. Tea, coffee and soft drinks on tap, internet access and free WIFI, safes in every room, luxurious towels and bedding. Breakfast was excellent - freshly squeezed orange juice, as much fresh (and perfectly ripe) fruit as we wanted, as well as cereals, pastries, meats cheeses and bread. 5 different types of tea available as well as freshly ground coffee.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TotesMagrotes
Reviewed October 22, 2010

This hotel was ideal for an overnight stay in an area about which was for us "virgin territory". The hotel looks to be a fairly recent modernisation into a hotel of an older property. it is well set back from the road so is not bothered by traffic noise, and there is ample parking in the grounds.
Our room was clean, well-maintained and spacious with all the facilities which one expects.
Breakfast was of a "continental" bent but was adequate.
From our brief acquaintance with the staff we formed a favourable impression.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple