“Outside Chance but what a winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Outside Chance

The Outside Chance
Ranked #27 of 67 Restaurants in Marlborough
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A traditional English pub co-owned by legendary Champion jockey, A.P. McCoy, in a picturesque village walking distance from Marlborough, serving Wadworth ales & delicious food made with local produce.
Derby, United Kingdom
“Outside Chance but what a winner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

No idea where "reviewer" ToolaRool (August) was but I wonder whether they were actually here at the Outside Chance!
We came here with friends who live close to Swindon and the "Outside Chance" turned out to be a real winner. Friendly staff, a nice atmosphere and some superb food very well presented. One doesn't mind paying for quality and this is what we got from starter, through main to dessert and coffee. This was the 2nd "winner" we experienced in 2 days, the other being in Bourne End, Bucks. We're usually down in Wiltshire a couple of times a year so I'm guessing this will be on the "eating list" next time. Well done guys and look forward to the next "winner"!

• Visited December 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“My Poker Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Had an invite to attend the Ladbrokes sponsored poker event on the 24/11/13.

Arrived at the OC around 4:30pm from Brighton, first impressions were good, the barmaid smiled at us on arrival (which was very nice and welcoming) had a nice pint of guiness and being a publican myself i always find myself comparing service, drinks etc. to my own pubs.
There were a few locals in there at the time and they seemed very friendly, we struck up conversation and we felt very welcome.
The poker started at around 7pm or near enough, it was very well organised and professional.
I can honestly say that everybody i spoke to were polite and friendly, including the great man himself, yes A P was there in the flesh. I must admit i was a bit star struck at the time, but i found him friendly and human(which makes a change from other sports stars i've met).
The reason i have written this review is to thank Sarah, Howard and all their staff for their hard work, in making this a quality event and i only hope i get an invite next time.
For all the people i met and haven't thanked this is for you too...

Martin B (Brighton)

London, United Kingdom
“Best experience for miles around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

After my second, and much anticipated visit, I just had to pen a rating for this superb Gastro pub. The menu has superb and varied choices making course decisions very difficult. The Sunday roast was just like you get at home with copious amounts of fresh horseradish only without the Aunt Bessie s! These Yorkshires were definitely home made! The 'Horse Racing' affiliation makes for interesting picture spotting , though this does not detract from the excellent food and welcoming service. Prices are reasonable and totally justify the content. Beer selection the usual Wiltshire Fare.
We cannot keep away and are currently booking for our 3rd visit in 3 weeks! No, you really cannot have too much of this good thing!

Swindon
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were working locally and decided to stop by for some good old fashioned pub food and we were not disappointed! I had a burger and I have to say it was the best burger I've had in years, it was homemade and came with all the trimmings. Service with a smile to match. This place is worth travelling for!

Marlborough, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect pub food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Living locally I have visited most of the food venues around the Marlborough area and I have to say that under the current chef the 'Outside Chance' is one of the best. Had fish and chips yesterday which can be a bit mundane but this one was certainly not! Amazingly fresh fish, light batter, twice cooked chips and homemade tartare sauce and mushy peas with a generous wedge of lemon. Top marks. Being a big eater I was also very pleased that this pub has not adhered to the poncy portion sizes that some of the other local establishments have! Give this pub a go, you will NOT be disappointed.