“Delicious Seafood Menu”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My friend and I were looking for somewhere to grab a bite to eat before heading out on the town! She had eaten here before but it was a first for me.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the restaurant was comfortable and clean.
The menu had a variety of seafood dishes and a couple of meat dishes along with one or two vegetarian dishes.
We were told that our dinner would be about twenty minutes as the 'Seafood Risotto' my friend had ordered would take that long! A great sign that things are freshly cooked so we didn't mind waiting! When our food arrived I was surprised by the portion size, our meals were both pretty large! I overheard the landlady saying to another customer 'well its no good coming out to dinner and going home hungry still'! They clearly believe in this ethos! We didn't have room for pudding!
I will definitely eat here again!

2  Thank Polly901

Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a very delayed review. In fact it was late August 2010, when my family and I were on our way home from an event, and we were tired and hungry and had miles to go before we would get home. We decided to stop for a quick bite and searched around for anything that was open on that Sunday evening. We stumbled across the crown and went in. We looked at the menu, seemed a bit more pricey than we had hoped, but out of desperation we just decided to stay put. I can sympathise with the one reviewer who said their time keeping was awful. It was relatively quiet in there and the food was taking its time. Having said that, I rated the overall experience as 5* because every minute waiting and every pound spent was worth it. The food was beautiful. It's possible that we were so tired that McDonald's would have been sufficient, but the atmosphere was also really intimate, relaxing and special. For the whole family what was meant to be a very simple affair of eating and moving on, turned into a genuinely memorable family experience. And we still talk about it to this day :)

2  Thank lisiB88
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I'm not sure why it has taken us 3 years to try this place - but I'm really glad that we did. The staff are friendly, the food delicious, the decor quirky but very comfortable & Otis Redding was playing in the background. The owners have pulled off that rare feat of creating an environment that is relaxing, unfussy and quite simply a pleasure to be in.

Oh, and I can't remember the last time I was torn between ordering five different items on a lunch menu which all sounded equally delicious. But of you visit on I cold day, I can highly recommend the large bowl of fresh-as-fresh-can-be mussels in a delicious creamy coriander sauce. Lip-smackingly good.

1  Thank Aaron_Rice
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were taken out by my brother for Christmas Day lunch.
Which turned into the best lunch we have eaten for a long time.
Excellent service friendly staff, and asked if we wanted a rest between course as we had a six
course meal.
We will be back again soon

1  Thank Stephney L
Reviewed December 11, 2012

very fresh fish, the best Sunday roast lunches all locally sourced and cooked by Gary, family run
and beats most places in London -