“Still the best in Marlborough!”
Review of The Polly Tearooms

The Polly Tearooms
Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Marlborough
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's been a year since my last review of The Polly,I visited the tearooms last week with my wife and found the same high standards I found previously.Extremely attentive,friendly staff - superb selection of cakes and scones - bread baked in the kitchen which at a reasonable price is excellent value. I still cannot understand the negative comments on this site - maybe the problem is with the reviewers not The Polly. I shall certainly be coming again.

There are newer reviews for The Polly Tearooms

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very good choice of sweets and tea, big portions, fast service and lovely atmosphere! Very big scones Don't come if you are on the diet!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited Marlborough on 27/01/2013 . A good selection of sandwiches (which come with various options , fries ,salad or soup ).There is also a good selection of salads and jacket potatoes,bangers and mash,bubble and squeak,pie of the day,quiche,breakfasts etc. The cakes and pastries are to die for. The sandwiches with fries were very nice ,nice fresh bread and fillings. Staff were very friendly and attentive . What more can you ask for ?. We will be back to try something different another day.Well worth a visit.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Polly Tearooms are in the great tradition of English afternoon (and lunch) tearooms - and rank with Betty's for me! I've had several teas at Polly's and the most recent was as usual really good. The sandwiches were well filled and tasty, the cakes heavenly (and huge), the tea very well made and plenty of hot water. Although full we didn't have to wait a long time, and the service was very friendly. The cakes are on a huge "serve yourself" table, much nicer than taking pot luck when you can't see the cake! I thoroughly recommend Polly's when visiting Marlborough.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Delightful atmosphere with excellent food and drink. Very friendly staff and prompt service. It was a lunchtime visit so we were lucky to get a table. I would visit again on another visit to this area.