“Great meal, great value - as ever.”
Review of Whole Hog

Whole Hog
Ranked #13 of 33 Restaurants in Malmesbury
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Devon, United Kingdom
“Great meal, great value - as ever.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent food as always in nice surroundings with relaxed service and very reasonably priced. What's not to like?

Visited September 2013

“One of the worst meals I've ever had.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Having never ate in Malmesbury, I followed the crowd and went in here. Big mistake. Waitress was uninterested, although nice enough seemed like she didn't know what she was doing. Soup starter was extremely bland and the nicest part was the bread and butter. Steak I asked for medium and it was overcooked, thin, and certainly not worth the £15 price. Chips & sauce were nice but the steak should have been better. Other members of the party were equally disappointed. Will not be returning. Avoid.

4 Thank dannyj106
Gunnislake, United Kingdom
“Cold food and unintersted service.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent two nights camping in Malmsbury which incidentally was very nice, and having spent all day out on Saturday we were looking for a pleasant meal with a drink to finish off our weekend, however I'm afraid the Whole Hog did not supply it. The waitress seemed distracted and couldn't tell us what the veg of the day was. We ordered Steak which arrived on cold plates and was itself cold. The waitress disappeared and as we were hungry and tired we eat it anyway. We paid up but did point out our disappointment - a shame as I really fancied a pudding!

4 drinks and 2 meals came to £45.00 which is in my book enough money spent to warrant reasonable service and fare.

We were told that they were busy and this was a one off but they didn't look particularly busy to me, and it smacked of complacency and a "who cares anyway" attitude.

It's a shame because I've eaten there before - although several years ago - and it was very pleasant then. It will be a while before I venture in again.

3 Thank Bridget572013
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Super Sunday Roast”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We just happened to be in malmesbury and wanted a Sunday roast so we popped into the whole hog and we were not disappointed . The roast beef was amazing ... Very tender ... Yummy roast potatoes and a big selection of veg

Pudding was FAB... Eton mess to kill for and apple and blackberry crumble with cream ... I'm salivating now they were so good

The service was efficient and pour

Bognor Regis, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Taste of Real England”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We enjoyed two meals at this restaurant; Sunday Lunch and dinner.
The menu is nicely balanced, something for everyone. Relaxed atmosphere, charming staff and delicious food. Service was excellent, accommodated my picky husband who eats very little, they were happy to provide a simple meal not on the menu for him. Pleasantly curmudgeonly bar staff, and charming waitresses. Excellent beer entertaining locals, go here for a taste of the real England, not a touristy version.

• Visited April 2013