“Lovely pub in lovely village”
Review of The Angel Inn

The Angel Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Hindon
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Angel is a really nice pub - open fires, comfy seats, good beer and excellent food. Not at all pretentious but very nice furnishings and atmosphere. You can choose to eat either in the restaurant bit or - where we prefer - in the bar area. It is a pub that has proper locals (friendly) and allows dogs! Very pretty courtyard garden at the back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We went to angel inn because thay aloud dogs ,nice friendly atmosphere ,good menu food was of a good standard and a reasonable price

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The service provided by the hotel was extremely useful and the queries raised was dealt with a professional approach. I would strongly recommend this accommodation for couples.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here at the weekend for two nights out in the old stables upstairs room. What a lovely big room with a comfy big bed, a sofa & coffee table plus all the usual furniture. The room was big with a lovely carpet. It felt very clean. There was a tv which I didn't use. The bathroom also had a decent shower and was very modern. I was here with a party so I went into a few different rooms, and I liked mine the most! Unless you need a lot of light then pick a room in the main building.
The breakfasts were good with a good choice, along with fruit, cereals etc. I had mushrooms on toast it was delicious! I also had dinner one night and selected fillet steak. It was really good, I usually stick to the Bath Arms in Frome for steak, but here's it's also excellent! There's a lot of fish on the dinner menu which isn't really for me.
The bar area & restaurant is very smart, like a mixture of old vintage pub & modern dining areas. The staff and owner are all friendly.
It's a good pub I would return here.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I often stop off at the Angel Inn when we travel on the A303. We go to the Glastonbury Festival most years and it has become a bit of a tradition to stop here on the way back. Always a bit sad for Glastonbury to end so stopping here always cheers us up and it's also brilliant to sit down and be served a well prepared meal after a weekend of festival van food. Had a really warm welcome from the landlord, saying he had been expecting us and would have been disappointed if we hadn't turned up! Settled into our usual table in the bar area and were brought our drinks and the specials menu straight away while we had a chat with the landlord about our weekend at Glastonbury. My husband choose the whole plaice with caper butter with a side of minted new potatoes. I opted to splurge and have a burger with blue cheese AND bacon!!! with a side of skinny fries. My burger was fantastic with a nicely grilled soft lovely bun. My husband's plaice was fresh and well seasoned, if a little on the small side, but that wasn't really a problem as my burger was huge and he was happy to help me with it. Finished it all off with a very decent espresso, said goodbye until next year and headed home happy.