“The lamb inn”
Review of The Lamb Hindon

The Lamb Hindon
Ranked #1 of 2 Hindon B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Booked the lamb in for the weekend for me and my daughter. We loved it . Hotel is beautiful , the food was fantastic, the service was excellent. The only thing what put me off u need to drive which I don't as there is nothing near there so if you want to go anywhere you need to get a cab which are expensive. But the hotel 5star could not fault it

Room Tip: The four poster pure luxury
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have never had such a poor experience for Sunday lunch. Booking had not been logged.£15.95 for 2 courses. Chicken N/A today! SLOW service. Water offered, never appeared .Meal cold, very small portion of meat. Choice of 3 sweets, one N/A! Sticky toffee sundae not edible, chunk of hard cold cake in a glass topped by icecream.Cheese board ordered, did not arrive. We had to fetch staff on all occasions to make our order.
Very poor value, service and quality.Never again, in spite of its location and olde worlde interior.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
TheLambInnHindon, Operations Director at The Lamb Hindon, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

I cannot apologise enough for what must have been a disastrous experience for you last Sunday & hope that this apology goes some way to let you know how serious I deem this. I am sending a message to you in order to discuss further.
With regards,
Katie Ingall
Operations Director, Boisdale Restaurants

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to the Lamb at Hindon today and had Sunday Lunch.
A beautiful Old Coaching Inn, The Lamb offers a great selection of food, fantastic service and a lovely atmosphere.
Well worth a visit, we will return.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

As soon as we saw the Lamb Inn, we knew we had made a great choice. The atmosphere and the reception were warm and welcoming, especially in the midst of all the rain near the end of December.
The rooms were comfortable, cosey and clean with a good wireless conection. The menue was small but very interesting with a good range to choose from. And the bar......., open wood fires, deep red colours and, for someone who likes his single malts, it was heaven!
The staff were very helpful, even on a bleak Boxing Day evening where I am sure they would all have wanted to be with their own families.
We would love to come back here in more clement weather so we can explore the area, the menue and the malts!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Myself, my husband and 3 month old baby stayed here for one night on a 5 week trip around Britian. We came across this pub on lastroom.com as we wanted to stay somewhere close to stonehenge.
I had read some of the comments on tripadvisor saying the staff seemed rude and disinterested and was prepared for that. When we arrived however, we were greeted warmly at the bar and given the keys to our room. Our room was up a very narrow and windy staircase, which was a bit of a pain with all the stuff we cart about when travelling with a small child, but goes hand in hand when you stay in an old English pub!
Our room was nicely decorated with some beautiful pieces of furnishure, with the bed made up with beautiful linen and soft pillows. Our bathroom had lovely toiletries, but I agree with the other reviews, the bath was quite slippery and the shower head very low. I didn't attempt to wash my hair!! But the water pressure was good and the water hot.
We had dinner in the restaurant downstairs. The restaurant was the standard run of the mill pub restaurant decorated in the same Scottish theme as the rooms upstairs, done very nicely. The restaurant was very quiet so we were given a table by the window. We found the wait staff attentive but unobtrusive. The food was pub food, so although wasn't gormet was really good. I remember the wine list was suprisingly good.
We enjoyed our stay here, would recommend to anyone who was after a clean, quiet pub.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SG_Sutherland
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had mistakenly booked in at The Lamb for the wrong (earlier) date which created confusion on arrival but the manager sorted this out for me quickly and helpfully, allowing the "lapsed" deposit to be credited to my new booking.

Our room was on the top floor - the sloping ceiling meant there was no shower in the bathroom, something of a problem for me as the bath was significantly narrower at the waist than I am. However, the bed was very comfortable and we both slept well.

We had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant - good value and tasty burgers with a glass of wine for dinner and the "Full Scottish" for breakfast. Service was very friendly but rather untrained and erratic.

A great old building, good decor, open log fires, local produce, local and friendly staff but the sum was not greater than its parts. Overall this should have been a great stopover at a charming pub / hotel but I left feeling it should somehow have been better.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked a room at the Lamb for a night's stop over on the way down to Dorset. From the website it looked cosy and atmospheric with open fires, deep red wallpaper and four poster beds. I booked a four poster room through laterooms which was only £60. The low price made me think that the Lamb would potentially not live up to its attractive appearance on the website or some of the more positive reviews I had read.

This suspicion was founded. When we arrived we were shown up a dingy staircase which smelt of cigarettes and bleach to a double room. I immediately told the manager that we had booked a four poster room and he looked suspiciously at me before finally showing us to a four poster room once I had produced a confirmation email. The room itself was nice and clean and had some pretty furniture. The bathroom was resonable but the ceiling was so low that it felt quite oppressive and also meant that the shower over the bath was too low for anyone over about 5ft10.

We were having dinner in the pub downstairs but when we got down they had no record of the reservation I had made through top table. Luckily it was quiet so we got a nice table by one of the lovely open fires. The service was reasonably efficient although not exactly charming. The food was pretty average and massively overpriced. Our bill came to more than £100 for two people and the quality of the steak and burger that we ate did not merit this at all.

Given the price of the room (£60) we were not expecting palatial luxury but the room was actually very nice. It was the quality (and price) of the food, the organisation of the place and the depressingly smelly corridors which made this a disappointing visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hindon
The Grove Arms
0 mi away
Angel Inn
Angel Inn
#2 of 2 in Hindon

Been to The Lamb Hindon? Share your experiences!