We struggled to find a last minute booking on the return trip from Cornwall to London for 4 adults and a dog. This was all we could find and so my expectations were low. However this was a very pleasant friendly place to stay. The rooms were spotless and there was plenty of hot water. We ate in the bar, and the food was very good, we had lamb or pork shank between us. We all slept well in the comfortable beds. There was a large cooked breakfast available in the morning. There were two other dogs there as well as our one. Admittedly the place is rather worn and tired and perhaps needs some refurb, also the stairs are very steep, but overall it was a quirky old inn and so had plenty of character. It is the middle of the town so had easy access to other places and to the canal nearby. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Swan Hotel in Devizes is an eighteenth century coaching inn and is a popular pub with 12 letting rooms. The ground floor, first floor function room and many of the rooms are decorated with antiques, most which are for sale. The candle lit large bar area has three open fires to provide a warm welcome. There is usually live music every Friday and/or Saturday night. The team of young, enthusiastic chefs provide breakfast, lunch and evening meals (except Sunday evening) The menu changes daily and all meals are cooked fresh in our kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Black Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Swan Hotel Devizes
- Black Swan Devizes
- Black Swan Hotel Devizes
- The Black Swan Devizes, Wiltshire