Not sure who owns or manages this place but the young receptionist also cooks breakfast, runs the pub quiz night and cleans the rooms! No one we met who worked there looked older than their mid-twenties! Whoever she was she really tried hard to make our stay as nice as possible but the fact is the rooms are expensive for what they are and the price doesn't include breakfast. We had ours in the cafe next door which doesn't open until 9. Our twin room was comfortable but the bathroom was tiny and needed a good scrub. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. Stay was satisfactory but really should have been better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Black Swan Hotel in Devizes is an eighteenth century coaching inn and is a popular pub with 12 letting rooms. The ground floor, first floor function room and many of the rooms are decorated with antiques, most which are for sale. The candle lit large bar area has three open fires to provide a warm welcome. There is usually live music every Friday and/or Saturday night. The team of young, enthusiastic chefs provide breakfast, lunch and evening meals (except Sunday evening) The menu changes daily and all meals are cooked fresh in our kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Black Swan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Black Swan Hotel Devizes
- Black Swan Devizes
- Black Swan Hotel Devizes
- The Black Swan Devizes, Wiltshire