“Good food, good atmosphere and good service”
Review of The Castle Hotel

The Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Devizes
“Good food, good atmosphere and good service”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed for the weekend and were made very welcome at all times. It's in a good location close to the shops and pubs. They serve very good food and good crowd in the bar. It was packed out on the Sunday for mothers day so can handle busy times. They had two singers on Saturday night who were both very good. Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank fuzzyone1234
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Castle Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear fuzzyone,

Thanks for staying at the Castle Hotel and for your fantastic review. I'm delighted that you had a good stay and enjoyed our bar and restaurant.

You're right, Mother's day was a fabulously successful day for us, so it is particularly pleasing that you were well looked after and the food was good on such a busy weekend.

Your kind words are very much appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the staff.

Kind regards
Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for one night in March 2013 and I'd thoroughly recommend it...all the staff we came across we're friendly, affable and communicative..the room was tidy and clean and the location was perfect for enjoying the historic market town of Devizes...and downing a few pints of the local brew Wadworth!

I looked at a few venues before arrival but this one seemed to tick all the boxes and I wasn't disappointed...
oh and by the way...outstanding full English breakfast..one of the best I've had in a while!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank baggybobbo
Dear Baggybobbo,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a fabulous review. I'm glad that you enjoyed the 6X, it's brewed just 100yds away, so couldn't be fresher!

We're very grateful for your very kind words regarding The Castle Hotel and your stay in Devizes, I'm delighted that you had a good time.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Surbiton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Having stayed at the Castle in summer for one night we decided to come back for a weekend; this time on bikes arriving on a bitterly cold Friday afternoon. We locked the bikes inside under cover and setted into our room which was spacious with lots of cupboard and drawer space, and most importantly a powerful radiator. After warming up, we ate an excellent meal in front of the log fire in the bar. My partner enjoyed it so much that I got to spend another couple of hours by the fire on saturday afternoon watching the England France Rugby match. I can't give the Castle team the credit for the England win, but they did score points for the superb Henry's IPA I enjoyed while watching it. The breakfasts were good last time we stayed and they have added some nice unusual things since then in addition to the traditional full english. I highly recommend the Castle for it's friendly welcome, comfort and affordability. It's very handily located in the centre of Devizes which is an attractive town in beautiful countryside; ideal for a short break.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geko61
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Castle Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Geko61,

Thank you for coming back to the Castle Hotel and once again taking time to post your review.

I'm delighted to hear that the staff once again looked after you during your stay. It's pleasing to get such consistent feedback about our customer service, thank you.

I'm glad that you were impressed by the minor changes that we have made recently, as we are always looking to improve the hotel in any way that we can. Your feedback is an encouragemnet for future tweaks that we may make.

Hoping to see you again.

Plymouth
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in January for a work function. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Even before I arrived I was impressed by their communication, as I knew I would be arriving late, they offered to have some food ready for me when I arrived if I wanted it.

The room I had was small but cozy, and had all I needed in it. The breakfasts I had there were really generous and of a high quality. I was also impressed with the price of the rooms we had, especially with breakfast included.

Despite checking out slightly late on the final day, the staff were really friendly and helpful, I couldnt reccomend this place any more for a short stop off/weekend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank James L
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Castle Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear James

Thank you so much for your extremely kind words regarding our hotel and the welcome you received from our staff. It is always encouraging for us to hear such a great response from our guests.

I will pass your feedback onto the whole team, they will delighted with your comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Room was comfortable, clean, & had the basics. Hotel is walking distance to restaurants, M&S & a few shops. Ask for a room not near the stairs or over the pub. Breakfast was included & had a nice selection. We stayed for 4 nights while on business & were happy to have free wifi.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Missbhavn
Dear Missbhavn,

Thank you for chosing to stay at the Castle Hotel. I'm glad that you had a pleasant stay.

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post your review and we hope to see you again.

Kind regards

Ely, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night to attend a birthday party at the nearby Wharf Theatre. From the moment we arrived we knew we were going to have a great weekend. The Hotel is right in the middle of the town so the location was perfect. Parking was easy, and free, right under the hotel arches. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was great, we had an early evening bar meal and breakfast in the restaurant. The rooms were spacious, clean and looked like they had been recently refurbished, as did the rest of the Hotel. We have friends and family in the area and would not hesitate to stay there again, or to recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back have a beautiful view of the church
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank backtofebruaryrain
CathedralHotel, Owner at The Castle Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your fabulous review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you were well looked after and had such a great stay.

We look forward to seeing you again when you visit Devizes.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend, although local, booked the castle for a weekend treat. On arrival the staff were friendly and the room was very clean and well presented. The room was at the far end of the hotel, not directly facing the road but out to the side, and on finding ear plugs on the bed side table we were a little worried. However, although there was noise, to be expected for a road side location, this wasn't significant enough to disturb us. If however, you are a light sleeper then it's a nice touch to have the option of earplugs.

Although we didn't eat in the hotel in the evenings the breakfasts were fantastic, with a good menu choice, we had full English one day and the continental the next, there was also fruit, cerial and bread if you wanted it. The staff were discretely attentive, and accommodated our breakfast requests with no problems.

We felt very comfortable as a gay couple and would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Lozza_Claire

Thank you for your lovely review of our hotel. I'm glad that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

I'll pass your very kind words onto all of the staff. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Owner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Devizes
The Black Swan
#1 of 1 in Harnham
The Green Dragon
The Green Dragon
#1 of 1 in Market Lavington

Been to The Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!