“Down on the Farm”
Review of Blounts Court Farm

Blounts Court Farm
Ranked #4 of 20 Devizes B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 12, 2010

A break from the worries and stress of office life is always welcome. So imagine our delight after a boring 2 and a half hour drive, to arrive at wonderful looking old farm house, set in the countryside. We were greeted by Caroline outside the main building and shown into the house. Once inside, we were shown to our rooms (I was with my Girlfriend and a family with a small child). Our room had a wonderful four poster bed and a heated floor bathroom, both very nicely decorated. The family room had two single beds and a bed for the child at the foot of them. Instead of feeling like a hotel or a typical BnB, this felt more like staying with relatives. In the morning we made our way to the breakfast room, which again felt like being at home, as you are sitting in a dining room over looking the stables and grounds, you are given a large selection of products, ranging from cereals to a full english breakfast. The familys little girl was allergic to dairy products and this was catered for very well, as soya milk was available. we stayed 2 nights and there were no hidden costs and Caroline and her family, were very pleasent and friendly. If you have kids who like animals or you are an animal lover as well, then you will not be disappointed as we saw 2 dogs, 3 horses a cat and about 10 chickens (which roam free outside the house), the chickens will come right up to you if you remain still. I am planning to stay here again when I find the time, and I would gladly recommend Blounts Court Farm, to anyone looking for a relaxing break away from your daily lives. Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Blounts Court Farm

Reviewed November 5, 2009

If some day you fly all night, land at Bristol Airport in a thoroughly exhausted state, rent a car and 1/2 hour later (trying to get the hang of driving on the opposite side of the road)you collide with the curb with such force that you blow out a tire, whereupon you meet some kind English gents who exchange the burst tire for the miniature donut in the trunk . . then you creep along at a very reduced speed on the highway to keep from blowing out the substitute tire (while hiding in shame from the other impatient drivers who blow their car horns trying to get around you) and your daughter navigates you along the circuitous route to find the village of Devizes and if you finally, at the end of that long, long day, putt-putt your way up to the door of a beautiful stone farmhouse in Wiltshire . . . believe me, you would be very very fortunate to be met, as we were last July, by Colin and Caroline. We settled in to a lovely room. Caroline brought us a good strong cup of tea and we began to recover. We felt immediately safe and thoroughly at home and welcome. The village boys were playing cricket in the back field on that gorgeous summer evening and the boys of the house were preparing for an upcoming polo tournament. After a delicious breakfast the next morning Caroline made a few calls to find where we could have our tire repaired and reassured us that everything would be fine from then on. She was absolutely right. I wholeheartedly recommend the hospitality and setting of the Blounts Court Farm. It was the first evening of what turned out to be a wonderful and memorable trip for both my daughter and I.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We had a very nice stay here. The owners were friendly and the room was very nice. Great breakfast. The location is very quiet with a beautiful garden view. I saw a pheasant in the garden one afternoon. The location is very convenient to Bath, Stonehenge, Avebury and Leacock.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed two nights, lovely room, comfy bed and en suite (heated floor). Really quiet and peaceful. Breakfast menu was very good and the fruit platter was a work of art. Caroline is a wonderful host.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I spent 7 nights at Blounts Court Farm in late April 2009, and I can’t say enough good things about it.
Caroline and Colin were excellent hosts.

My room was very comfortable, and breakfast menu was quite varied and whatever I chose was excellent and well prepared.

Blounts Court Farm is in a rural setting for those people who like to be slightly off the beaten track which I loved......saying that, it is only a short walking distance to a good pub restaurant and shops, also a short drive to lots of small towns where there are plenty of historic places to visit and eat.

My room had free Wi-Fi, TV and clock radio and coffee/tea making facilities .....I always take my laptop with me wherever I go and found having FREE Wi-Fi was a huge plus......I could keep in touch with my friends and family over the internet.

It certainly lives up to the AA 'Highly Recommended' 5 star rating.

I am going back there in July and hopefully later in September of this year.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We booked the B&B as we were going to Badminton Horse Trials and it was fairly close. Unfortunately we got lost coming from the airport, not very good navigators! However Caroline was still up at 11pm waiting for us (instead of 9pm we promised!) Beautiful acccomodation, very friendly, in an outstanding setting. Had a brilliant time and the breakfast was delicious.Would definately go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Blounts Court Farm was perfect, the rooms are clean, wonderfully decorated with a really relaxing feel. Our party stayed in all the rooms on offer and arrived at slightly different times - we were ALL made to feel individually welcome - and sat down in the lounge with tea and biscuits. Fantastic breakfast - Caroline is an awesome chef, and managed to find me gluten free bread at really short notice. The farm location is a real break from it all - quiet, relaxing and a real part of the countyside. Thank-you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends