“Blounts Court Farm”

Ranked #4 of 20 Devizes B&B and Inns
Lancashire
“Blounts Court Farm”
Reviewed June 10, 2009

I spent 7 nights at Blounts Court Farm in late April 2009, and I can’t say enough good things about it.
Caroline and Colin were excellent hosts.

My room was very comfortable, and breakfast menu was quite varied and whatever I chose was excellent and well prepared.

Blounts Court Farm is in a rural setting for those people who like to be slightly off the beaten track which I loved......saying that, it is only a short walking distance to a good pub restaurant and shops, also a short drive to lots of small towns where there are plenty of historic places to visit and eat.

My room had free Wi-Fi, TV and clock radio and coffee/tea making facilities .....I always take my laptop with me wherever I go and found having FREE Wi-Fi was a huge plus......I could keep in touch with my friends and family over the internet.

It certainly lives up to the AA 'Highly Recommended' 5 star rating.

I am going back there in July and hopefully later in September of this year.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Northern Ireland
Reviewed May 19, 2009

We booked the B&B as we were going to Badminton Horse Trials and it was fairly close. Unfortunately we got lost coming from the airport, not very good navigators! However Caroline was still up at 11pm waiting for us (instead of 9pm we promised!) Beautiful acccomodation, very friendly, in an outstanding setting. Had a brilliant time and the breakfast was delicious.Would definately go back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Shropshire
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Blounts Court Farm was perfect, the rooms are clean, wonderfully decorated with a really relaxing feel. Our party stayed in all the rooms on offer and arrived at slightly different times - we were ALL made to feel individually welcome - and sat down in the lounge with tea and biscuits. Fantastic breakfast - Caroline is an awesome chef, and managed to find me gluten free bread at really short notice. The farm location is a real break from it all - quiet, relaxing and a real part of the countyside. Thank-you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
France
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We booked to stay at Blounts Court Farm so that we could visit family nearby. We didn't arrive until 9.30pm and Caroline made us very welcome when we arrived, bringing us a tray of tea and coffee and making sure we had everything we needed. We chose our breakfast for the next morning from the menu left in our room. There was a huge choice - we eventually opted for the full English breakfast and scrambled egg with smoked salmon, plus fruit juice, toast and cereal. It was delicious, the eggs coming from the farm and the rest of the ingredients locally sourced.
Caroline was helpful with suggestions for the best way to get to the towns we wanted to go to (Salisbury and Trowbridge). Although Blounts Court Farm is out in the countryside it's not far to get to lots of towns and there are plenty of places to eat nearby too. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to others and we are hoping to return ourselves later on in the year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple