“Wish there were more places like this”
Review of Blounts Court Farm

Blounts Court Farm
Ranked #4 of 20 Devizes B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wish there were more places like this”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed many a time during the summer, on my own and with my family. I tried various other hotels when I was unable to get a room at Blounts Court, nothing came close to being as good. The rooms are beautifully decorated, yet welcoming and exceptionally comfortable. The B&B is in a separate wing of the farm so you never feel like you are intruding. Caroline and Colin couldn't be more welcoming hosts. Breakfasts are delicious.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms, a single, double and twin. I stayed in them all and they are all fantastic.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

During the past few months My work has taken me to Wiltshire almost every week and all week. I was fortunate that when I did my research before making my first visit, I came across reviews for Blounts Court Farm. The reviews were positive and consequently, Blounts Court Farm became my b&b of choice. There have been some occasions when Blounts Court had been fully booked by customers & so I have had to stay at several other b&bs in the area. Of course, this enables me to give a balanced review with regard to Blounts Court. Firstly, the premises are set in a picturesque location and the farm itself is also attractive. Additionally, the owners go to great lengths to ensure that customers enjoy a comfortable and tastefully decorated room and that breakfast each morning is of a high standard. The care that Caroline takes when providing support to her customers is such that you feel very well looked after and relaxed. When I compare the other b&bs, I would have to say that each of them was ok but that Blounts Court stands head and shoulders above all of them. I won't now have to visit Wiltshire with work but fully intend to visit again in the future with my other half. Highly recommended.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The farmhouse that Caroline and Colin run was the best B&B either of us have ever stopped at in all the years of travelling on holiday. It is ideally situated up a county lane in a small village with a pub that serves exceptional home cooked food. The bedroom room was brilliant, exceptionally clean with underfloor heating in the bathroom. and looked out onto the fields with horses running round. The breakfasts were fantastic. I tried various ones over our seven day stay and they were outstanding from the english breakfast to the potterne pancake and omlettes and everything in between. Caroline and Colin were brilliant, friendly and welcoming. The 10min walk to the village pub is recommended we ate their most nights as the food was also fantastic, the steaks were great as were the burgers some of the best i have ever tasted. This was most definitly the best B&B either of us have ever stopped at.

Room Tip: any of the room would be fantastic, quiet, comfortable, clean
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
East Anglia
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed just the one night at the end of September, but it was bliss. Very warm welcome, lovely comfortable room & bed, and great breakfast. Beautiful antique furniture everywhere. CAroline & Colin are super, so are the dogs if you get the chance to meeet them. Well recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nailsea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Utterly delightful, as usual. No better place to stay in this area. Lovely breakfast, I recomend the Potterne sausages. Caroline and Colin are so charming and welcoming. I wouldn't choose anywhere else and my husband and I have visited here over the last 10 years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Blounts Court Farm is a real "Home from Home", I have to stay in the Devizes area on business from time to time and I am so glad I found Caroline and Colin's wonderful home! it is lovely to get back there after a hard day of work, to a cheerful welcome, a nice cup of tea fantasticly comfortable rooms & beds nothing is too much trouble for Caroline oh and did I say that Breakfast puts many 4Star hotels to shame, so much choice, top quality ingrediants and very well presented
Must book a weekend for the wife and I sometime as it is a lovely part of the country to explore

Room Tip: ask about the 4 poster room !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
East Grinstead
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A pleasant, comfortable, quiet, rural place to stay with friendly hosts and lovely breakfast. Great information and advice on local area and a welcoming cup of tea on arrival. Room comfortable and well appointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple