From the moment we arrived on Christmas Eve until our departure the day after Boxing Day, we felt pampered and cherished by everyone ay Mayfield. Nothing was too much trouble for the happy friendly staff.
We had booked for the festive season especially because it was so dog-friendly... but had sadly and unexpectedly lost our furry friend in the meantime. However, because we were on our way to join family further east, we asked if we could bring our canary with us. Without any hesitation, the answer was 'Yes!...How lovely, we haven't hosted a canary before!' (I took my hand-held Dyson with me in case 'Zorro' chucked any seed out of his cage). I think most of the staff must have paid him a visit during our stay!
We were welcomed by the proprietor with mulled wine.. then it was time for afternoon tea.... then the excellent a la carte dinner (Amongst many other choices, the stilton & walnut soufles were very impressive!). Thereafter, the chefs proceeded to bombard us with a series of gastronomic delights... breakfasts, lunches, afternoon teas, dinners. We felt thoroughly spoiled!
We stayed in room 30, one of four in an annexe, slightly apart from the main building, but only a few steps away. The room was large and comfortable and had a huge en-suite with an over bath shower whose water pressure was powerful and stimulating, and the stout handrail gave us confidence climbing in and out. The only drawback to this room is that it is adjacent to the boiler which is rather noisy at seven in the morning.
We even had a surprise secret visit from Santa whilst we were at dinner on Christmas Eve, when he left a present for us and even one for Zorro.... One of the very thoughtful touches to be enjoyed at the Mayfield!
We had a really great Christmas! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our small family run Cotswold hotel set amidst beautiful countryside in the South Cotswolds, just 10 minutes from the M4 and so easily accessible. It’s the perfect spot to relax, unwind and explore... we're in the Tetbury, Malmesbury, Cirencester triangle! We offer 28 3 star en-suite rooms including Family, Disabled and Dog Friendly accommodation. Our AA Rosette restaurant serves beautifully cooked, locally sourced fare - a comfortable lounge & bar serves wines from Tetbury and Bath and real ale from Uley complimenting the offer in a warm, friendly and service-orientated environment. Assessed by Visit Britain gaining Walkers, Cyclists, Pets and Families Welcome, Breakfast Award and Disability level 1 and 2 for Disabled friendly rooms. Our hotel has been awarded a Green Tourism SILVER award reflecting our commitment to these Glorious Cotswolds!! A great location for exploring the delights of the ancient towns of Malmesbury and Royal Tetbury and the National Arboretum at Westonbirt and the glorious South Cotswold's area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Malmesbury
- Best Western Mayfield Hotel
- Best Western Crudwell
- Crudwell Best Western
- BEST WESTERN Mayfield House Hotel Crudwell, Wiltshire