“Incredible people, place and Food”
Review of Crudwell House

Crudwell House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crudwell
Crudwell House
Ranked #2 of 2 Crudwell B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of spending four days at Crudwell House. I had come up from New Zealand to be a bestman at a friend's wedding. There were four rooms booked for some of the wedding party. Our hosts at Crudwell House were Edward and Frances (the son of the owner and his girlfriend) and the service was above and beyond what we expected -- they even ironed the shirts for the wedding party! All the rooms were faultless and had their own bathrooms. Everything was clean, tidy, and well presented. The breakfast was made with fresh local produce and cooked to perfection by Edward and Frances. As a dog lover away from my own dogs, I also enjoyed the company of Wellington and Napolean, the family's black labs. I and the other guests had a wonderful time and could not fault a thing. Thank you Ed and Frances -- you make a great team !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a positive review. Ed and Frances very much enjoyed looking after everyone, and your comments make Pam and me feel very proud of them. Kind regards, Gary Lowe.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Well I haven't got a negative thing to say.
Every detail of our stay was splendid ! Totally and utterly left there relaxed, recharged and refreshed having been looked after by the owner Gary.
The host with the most. We were made to feel at home and very welcome.
Every detail was impeccable and to a very high standard.
Breakfast fit for a King and Queen.
I would highly recommend it for a great country retreat with a friend or a partner.
I have been with a friend but am looking forward to going with my mum soon too!!
Great walks in field, pub with great food/wine and lovely Tetbury near by for a browsing shops.
see you soon

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2012

Thank you so much for your very kind review. It was lovely to see you, and we look forward to seeing you with your mum or anyone else you care to bring. Yours, Gary.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a wonderful place to stay in a beautiful bit of country side. It is very easy to find from the M4 (SatNav seemed superfluous). We arrived a little bit late, but the people that run the B&B phoned the nearby Gastro Pub to make sure they didn't close the kitchen (pub, called 'Potting Shed', is very very good). The house itself is very grand and beautiful, but feels homely and cozy. The rooms are enormous and so are the beds. The bathroom is also on a gigantic scale with full size bath. The breakfast is something quite special; local delicacies and homemade treats, definitely was ready for the day ahead.
I highly recommend this place anyone visiting the Cotswold, I certainly plan to go again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Guillaume N
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2011

Thank you for your very kind review. It was a pleasure to have you to stay. We hope you enjoyed Westonbirt, and it would be lovely to see you both again. Yours, Gary and Pam

Reviewed September 26, 2011

We booked this "bed and breakfast" as we were attending our nephew's wedding in Crudwell. The images on the Internet showed what seemed a lovely house, but in our opinion really didn't do the property, and particularly the ambience, justice. On first view it's not clear what to expect, the entrance is a little hidden, but once you enter the gates you have your first glimpse of this beautiful Regency house. The owner, who I would add was an excellent host who went out of his way to make us feel very welcome, was quite up front in telling us that there was "still some work to be done on the interior in that there were still little things that weren't quite right yet". I have to say that we were more than happy with the facilities - the beds are worth a trip to Crudwell on their own; I admit that the fact that the bathrooms are not en suite wasn't ideal (although I would add that we had our own bathroom across the hall), but we felt compensated for this by the welcome and service we received. The breakfast was absolutely excellent - I'd recommend the home made muesli and the egg and bacon cooked on the aga, to order. I recommend Crudwell House to you unreservedly.

Room Tip: From what I could see, all the rooms were excellent. You're offered different bed sizes etc on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen M
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to send a review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon. Yours, Gary.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Stayed here with 2 friends on a short tour of the Cotswolds, taking in some local food and ale.
The house was marvellous, with a real sense of grandeur and the gardens looked magnificent after the slightly damp summer we have had. Rooms were spacious, comfortable, quiet and nicely decorated which is all you can ask for in a B&B yet often don't get it!
A special mention to Pam and Gary who were excellent hosts offering local advice, unfussy and efficient service. The breakfast too was excellent and, on overhearing mine and my firends' disappointment at the lack of black pudding on the breakfast menu, Pam went out to the local butcher to get us some! - Over and above.
All in all a lovely house run very well by a friendly couple in a great location. The Potting Shed next door comes highly recommended both for food and drinks too.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2011

Dear Tim, it was a pleasure to see you and your friends. As northerners, Pam and I were delighted to see that the demand for black pudding was alive and well.
Hope to see you all again soon. Yours, Gary.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

Great property with great hosts, great bedrooms, luxurious bathrooms and an in house pianist playing during breakfast-Just PERFECT.
Genuine kind hospitable hosts-I wanted to move in!

Room Tip: The rooms are huge, breakfasts homemade, it really is a home from home we felt so welcome...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cKEdwards-Levene
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Dear cK, thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you and your friends with us. The pianist is not always in residence but we are glad you enjoyed his music. Yours, Gary and Pam.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

What an amazing country house! My husband and I recently married at a nearby hotel in the Crudwell area and booked all of the neighbouring B&Bs and hotels. Crudwell House opened a few months prior to our wedding and we were ecstatic when we had a chance to pop in to view the property. The house has been beautifully renovated, the rooms are sizable, the cottage is well appointed and very comfortable and the overall decor is very in keeping with the beautiful surroundings. Our families and friends stayed at Crudwell House over the days of our wedding and everyone was totally impressed by the personable service of the Lowe family and staff, and the lovely food, gardens, dining room, conservatory, etc... But most of all, everyone commented on how helpful and accommodating Gary and Pam Lowe were throughout the stay. My husband and I stayed at Crudwell House the night after the wedding and our bedroom was beautifully decorated with rose petals on the bed, which was so sweet and romantic. We all felt very at home and we would all love to return sooner than later! We would definitely recommend Crudwell House and cannot speak highly enough of their hospitality! 5* all the way!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LondonTownYank
Crudwell, Owner at Crudwell House, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Dear Micha and Gordon, thank you for your review. It was a pleasure to see all of your family and friends, and we are glad they enjoyed their time at Crudwell House. Hope Paris was fun. See you soon. Gary and Pam.

Been to Crudwell House? Share your experiences!