“We liked very much this Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Salutation Inn

The Salutation Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Superb Country Pub offering Great Pub food, local ales and a warm welcome!
Berlin, Germany
“We liked very much this Pub”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excuse my English - but this pub was very nice. The servers were helpful, and the Pub is lovely old house with fine roof and stones. The food was really good. We enjoyed it. This is real England we think!

Grimsby
“This is where gastropub really does mean gastropub”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Recommended by our son who treated us to dinner here. One of his friends works as a chef in the kitchen. His recommendation was well-founded, the atmosphere was excellent and the food quite sublime. All three courses were beautifully presented and well-cooked and I have to say that it was heartening to find that all three courses for all three of us were consistently high in both quality and presentation. Nine empty plates said it all. Everything is made from scratch, and with passion. These are hosts who know how to run a pub and chefs who really care what goes across the pass. And it really shows. Well worthy of rosettes, which I am sure they will achieve after they are assessed. I'd make a detour to eat here again.

3 Thank Jonothan_and_Elaine
Wiltshire
“Maybe the best meal I've ever had”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

What a serendipitous moment! We were on our way home to Wiltshire after a weekend away when we decided to find somewhere for dinner and how fortunate we were to find The Sally!

We were seated by the fire in the beautiful tithe barn and soaked in the atmosphere as we perused the menu. The staff were incredibly friendly and efficient and we were soon served our starters.

I chose the Marlborough mushrooms on sour dough bread with blue cheese fritters and oh my goodness - it was like a slice of heaven in my mouth! I was in a really difficult position - I desperately wanted my husband to try it, but I equally didn't want to part with even a forkful!

For my main course I chose the homemade beef burger which was cooked to order and it was wonderful to receive mine oozingly rare as I'd requested. I swiftly demolished it with lashings of their homemade mayonnaise and an indulgence of their thrice cooked chips,

All in all - it was simply fabulous. I'll definitely come back and would not hesitate to recommend it to anybody, Thank you!

• Visited May 2013
“Friendly service, plus a pleasent beer tasting from the landlord, which was informative and free! Food was second to none. A ret”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I cannot say a bad word. The beers were lovely, the food was superb, the owners were so friendly and welcoming, an the young lady who served me was so helpful and charming, if you pass by, make sure you pop in, personally i dont think you will be dissappointed.

Alphen, The Netherlands
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Gone here for a meal in march together with my mum which I hadnt seen for a while.
The pub was realy welcoming and it felt cosy with the fire going. Got a warm welcome as soon as we came in, excellent host, realy friendly.
We had scallops to start followed by fish & chips and salmon salad (main course size)
The Scallops were cooked to perfection, the crispy prosciutto worked really well with it.
Handcuts were to die for and my mum absolutely loved her salad as well.
I would throughly recommend this pub to anyone who loves good food for a good value!