“Gone down hill”
Review of Soho Inn - CLOSED

Soho Inn
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Recently refurbished and modernised inn with conservatory serving imaginative and affordable meals. Menu is varied and suitable for foodies and families and the attentive staff are really welcoming.
Wiltshire, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We visited here one lunch time and felt it wasn't like it used to be they seem to be using cheaper meat and the fish was tasteless and over cooked It was not haddock or anything we knew either. Chips were very chunky and like they had been re cooked Will not be returning which is a shame as used to like it here

7 Thank vicky7654
Dear Vicky7654,

I am of course saddened to hear about your poor experience! if you had only mentioned this to myself at the time of your visit i could of possibly resolved the matter,

i do how ever feel i need to respond to your remarks

1, as for cheaper meat we use church farm meats in broughton Gifford who have a remarkable reputation for supplying quality meat through out the catering industry! we do use a couple of other local butchers who also have a very good reputation, so of course i am extremely surprised by your comment of (CHEAPER MEAT).

2, as for your comment about our fish, it is delivered daily from either m&j seafood, new wave seafood or wings of st mawes, who all have daily landings and is delivered to our door by 11am the following day?! the fish in question you have no idea as to what it was would of been haddock. again i am bemused by your comment about not knowing what the fish was! surely if the fish was over cooked you must of mentioned this to one of our waiting staff?. if so this matter could of resolved on the day.

i also find it a great shame that you will not be returning to us as we do have a new chef starting very soon.

if you feel you could give me a call at the pub i will happily resolve this matter with you. please telephone 01249812408 and either speak to terry or dean and please inform us of your member handle.

again our sincere apologies and we very much look forward to hearing from you in due course

Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“very poor meal”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

we went here for a meal and my fish and chips was over cooked hard batter chips like sticks My husband s eggs were brown round the edges hard yolks chips overcooked. We had a long wait will not go again food very poor sure it was cooked twice it tasted like it.

3 Thank Margaret S
Dear Margaret s,

If your ever back out this way, please call in advance so that we can hopefully give you a memorable experience, ask to speak to terry or dean.

please accept our apologies on a very poor performance
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
“Try as I might I cant warm to this place”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was my 3rd visit to the Soho. Its only 10 minutes from my front door so I really want to like this place, but I just cant. Don't get me wrong there are some good things about it but lets start with the bad. Lets start with the carpet in the conservatory. Its very badly stained and really off putting and I'm not sure why but the place really lacks atmosphere. I think it really needs warming up a little, For my starter I asked for a Thai beef salad, the only saving grace of which was that the beef was soft, but that's where it ended. Some beef chucked on a couple of lettuce leaves is NOT a Thai beef salad. The rest of the meal was so mediocre that I am having trouble remembering what we had. This loss of memory was helped by the wine which, here comes the good bit, was agreeable and reasonably priced but If I have remembered many a magnificent meal long after a mammoth hangover, This was not one of them

6 Thank Maxine196622
Dear Maxine 196622,

i am very sorry for all your visits being terrible!, if you could of mentioned this to myself at the time i would of been very happy to resolve the matter.

i am of course pleased to inform you that the carpet in the conservatory has now been cleaned, unfortunately we did inherit that awful state from the previous owners and things have been a working progress!

the thai beef salad is now being removed from the menu, and it is such a shame that you can not remember what any of your party had to eat.?

we also have a new chef starting soon and a fantastic change to the menu.

if you could give us a call on 01249812408 we will be happy to discuss any comments and hope to make you an offer to bring you back in to try us again.

please accept our apologies and we very much look forward to hearing from you in due course!
Melksham, United Kingdom
“a change for the worse!!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

We noticed a decline in atmosphere and customer service since new management took over the soho. Sampling the food the burger and steak in particular were nice but over priced and minimal. We feel it's another over priced pub. Which is a shame.

2 Thank Rachel P
Dear Rachel p,

a change for the worse, i would like to call a learning curve,

we have now made changes to the menu which have allowed us to increase the portion sizes,

as for your management comment the manager who was here upon your visit! was the same manager who was employed by the previous owners, so i am some what surprised by your comment there.

please do give us a call at the pub on 01249812408 and ask to speak to dean or terry and we would be more than happy to give you a more memorable experience!
Calne, United Kingdom
“Erm.......”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We popped in for lunch on a Saturday hoping to get a table and we needn't have worried as it was virtually empty. It has been taken over since our last visit. There's an unnerving atmosphere and the food is very expensive for what it is. The lansdowne arms in Derry Hill is far far better.

• Visited June 2014