Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
  • Breakfast included
$47
Travelodge
Good 3.5/5
The Stones Hotel(Salisbury)(Great Value!)
$90
Excellent 5/5
$69
$63
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspizza hutexecutive roomco opmodern hotelair conbusiness parkgas stationconvenience storeretail parkchristmas partyhotel restaurantthe sofa bedplenty of parkingwould stay againreception staffservice areasolstice park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very comfortable room and bed. Check-in experience was good.

We ate at the grill there; Not haute cuisine but great quality and very reasonably-priced for what it was. The restaurant has a modern and bright feel and the staff were outstandingly friendly.

The next day we headed off for Stonehenge which was about 5 minutes away... this really is the perfect place to stay if that is the purpose of your trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Dear Fredd111,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor, firstly I am delighted you appreciated the comfort levels of your accommodation and the efficiency of check-in. I am pleased you took up the option of dining at the Solstice Bar & Grill, our aim is to offer traditional home cooked food with a twist to make the dish that bit more interesting.

The hotel certainly makes the perfect destination to experience Stonehenge and the beautiful historical city of Salisbury.

Best wishes

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Arrived 6 pm, very quick and easy check-in, booked a table for Dinner and off to the room. Your typical room layout but felt very clean and fresh, as did the bathroom. The restaurant was again spotless and the service very good, only problem with the food was the chips were a bit underdone, probably should have said but we don't like to make a fuss. The wine was very nice and the pint of lager after was also very good.

Had a good nights sleep, don't think I moved once.

Breakfast was as good as buffet breakfasts get, food warm and plenty of it, good orange juice, toast, fruit, cereal etc. At £7.50 each (advance booking) I thought was very good value.

Check out simple.

Easy to get to from A303, you can see it on the side of the road. It is located alongside a co-op garage, KFC and Pizza hut.

Will definitely use again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JimmyP,

Thank you for a detailed synopsis of your recent stay with us, I am pleased you have highlighted so many positives about the critical factors important to me as hotel manager. It is imperative the room exceeds expectation and we deliver a key point of a great night’s sleep. Within my role I regularly stay at the hotel to experience my guest’s expectations and I must reiterate like you I have a truly restful sleep on extremely comfortable beds. Comment noted about the chips, if this had been raised on the night we would have been delighted to offer you a fresh portion cooked to expectation: however I was very impressed with your comments on breakfast.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here on 27 April as a stop over as we were on our way to Exeter. Holiday was clean and beautifully presented. Room was one of the best we have stayed in. The shower was spacious and powerful. Bed was comfy. Staff were polite and helpful. The bar did shut at 11pm and you could have more drinks but charged to your room. Only downside we found was that we like to have a window open when we sleep and the windows in the hotel don't seem to open. Not a major problem though. We found the chocolate mint on our bed a nice touch when we checked in! Well positioned with the Co-op, Harvester, KFC and Pizza Hut on the same complex. Would stay here again, perfectly positioned for our trip as was half way to our destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room on the other side to the main room - these rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Maxine B,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor response, some excellent feedback there which my team will take great reward in reading. I trust the remainder of your journey to Exeter was good and I hope you will consider staying with us on the return leg. (If so please request to see me at reception and I will be delighted to say hello). I have noted your comments about the window and appreciate that it is good to sleep with fresh air flowing into the room.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent two nights here. We would stay again.

The reception was welcoming and efficient. We requested a room away from the road as it's right next to a 70 mph section of the A303. The hotel honoured the request and we had no issues with traffic noise.

The room we requested was a twin and the beds were on the hard side. There was a choice of firm and soft pillows. The room had a large shower but no bath which was fine for us. The tea/coffee making facilities in the room were limited. The room had it's own air con which acted as a heater too if needed - we found we didn't need to use it much and when used it was quiet. There's plenty of parking. The hotel is nicely maintained.

The restaurant had a menu with dishes which should have a broad appeal. We found the food well prepared and the staff quite friendly. There are other restaurants and a supermarket on the same site if the in-house offering doesn't appeal.

Room Tip: We asked for a room which didn't face the A303. We can't say if there is traffic noise on the road side but we chose not to take that risk.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear NickALondon,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, I’m pleased you had a good stay with us. The hotel is well located just off the A303: thankfully due to modern construction materials the hotel is well soundproofed and you would not have heard any traffic noise had you been facing the dual carriageway. I appreciate your comments about the beds being a little hard, this point is always a difficult matter to factor due to individual preference, however I am pleased to say that in the main our guests find our beds to be generally appropriate to their requirements.

I certainly hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future and offer you an equally as satisfying stay.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed here for 1 night with the family, and was glad of our choice. The room itself was a good size which in the past at other hotels we have found to be a problem once the sofa bed is out for the kids. Both the room and the public areas were spotless and the reception staff were welcoming and gave the kids a free movie pass which kept them entertained. The breakfast room is very welcoming and the members of staff we met were excellent, breakfast choice was as you would expect and the buffet was largely kept on top of. Hotel is in an easy to find location just off the main road and has a co -op, petrol station, pizza hut all within the business park. All in all a very good hotel which will use again when we are in the area

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear 4PalmTrees,

Thank you for taking the time to upload such a detailed brief following your recent stay with us, it is great to read your commentary as it clearly highlights you had an enjoyable visit and were able to sample the majority of services. On behalf of the team we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.