“All-round, excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Swansea, United Kingdom
“All-round, excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very comfortable room and bed. Check-in experience was good.

We ate at the grill there; Not haute cuisine but great quality and very reasonably-priced for what it was. The restaurant has a modern and bright feel and the staff were outstandingly friendly.

The next day we headed off for Stonehenge which was about 5 minutes away... this really is the perfect place to stay if that is the purpose of your trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear Fredd111,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Trip Advisor, firstly I am delighted you appreciated the comfort levels of your accommodation and the efficiency of check-in. I am pleased you took up the option of dining at the Solstice Bar & Grill, our aim is to offer traditional home cooked food with a twist to make the dish that bit more interesting.

The hotel certainly makes the perfect destination to experience Stonehenge and the beautiful historical city of Salisbury.

Best wishes
Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Cornwall,ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Arrived 6 pm, very quick and easy check-in, booked a table for Dinner and off to the room. Your typical room layout but felt very clean and fresh, as did the bathroom. The restaurant was again spotless and the service very good, only problem with the food was the chips were a bit underdone, probably should have said but we don't like to make a fuss. The wine was very nice and the pint of lager after was also very good.

Had a good nights sleep, don't think I moved once.

Breakfast was as good as buffet breakfasts get, food warm and plenty of it, good orange juice, toast, fruit, cereal etc. At £7.50 each (advance booking) I thought was very good value.

Check out simple.

Easy to get to from A303, you can see it on the side of the road. It is located alongside a co-op garage, KFC and Pizza hut.

Will definitely use again if in the area.

Dear JimmyP,

Thank you for a detailed synopsis of your recent stay with us, I am pleased you have highlighted so many positives about the critical factors important to me as hotel manager. It is imperative the room exceeds expectation and we deliver a key point of a great night’s sleep. Within my role I regularly stay at the hotel to experience my guest’s expectations and I must reiterate like you I have a truly restful sleep on extremely comfortable beds. Comment noted about the chips, if this had been raised on the night we would have been delighted to offer you a fresh portion cooked to expectation: however I was very impressed with your comments on breakfast.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Luton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed here on 27 April as a stop over as we were on our way to Exeter. Holiday was clean and beautifully presented. Room was one of the best we have stayed in. The shower was spacious and powerful. Bed was comfy. Staff were polite and helpful. The bar did shut at 11pm and you could have more drinks but charged to your room. Only downside we found was that we like to have a window open when we sleep and the windows in the hotel don't seem to open. Not a major problem though. We found the chocolate mint on our bed a nice touch when we checked in! Well positioned with the Co-op, Harvester, KFC and Pizza Hut on the same complex. Would stay here again, perfectly positioned for our trip as was half way to our destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a 3rd floor room on the other side to the main room - these rooms are nice and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Maxine B,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor response, some excellent feedback there which my team will take great reward in reading. I trust the remainder of your journey to Exeter was good and I hope you will consider staying with us on the return leg. (If so please request to see me at reception and I will be delighted to say hello). I have noted your comments about the window and appreciate that it is good to sleep with fresh air flowing into the room.

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent two nights here. We would stay again.

The reception was welcoming and efficient. We requested a room away from the road as it's right next to a 70 mph section of the A303. The hotel honoured the request and we had no issues with traffic noise.

The room we requested was a twin and the beds were on the hard side. There was a choice of firm and soft pillows. The room had a large shower but no bath which was fine for us. The tea/coffee making facilities in the room were limited. The room had it's own air con which acted as a heater too if needed - we found we didn't need to use it much and when used it was quiet. There's plenty of parking. The hotel is nicely maintained.

The restaurant had a menu with dishes which should have a broad appeal. We found the food well prepared and the staff quite friendly. There are other restaurants and a supermarket on the same site if the in-house offering doesn't appeal.

Room Tip: We asked for a room which didn't face the A303. We can't say if there is traffic noise on th...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear NickALondon,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor, I’m pleased you had a good stay with us. The hotel is well located just off the A303: thankfully due to modern construction materials the hotel is well soundproofed and you would not have heard any traffic noise had you been facing the dual carriageway. I appreciate your comments about the beds being a little hard, this point is always a difficult matter to factor due to individual preference, however I am pleased to say that in the main our guests find our beds to be generally appropriate to their requirements.

I certainly hope to be able to welcome you back in the not too distant future and offer you an equally as satisfying stay.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed here for 1 night with the family, and was glad of our choice. The room itself was a good size which in the past at other hotels we have found to be a problem once the sofa bed is out for the kids. Both the room and the public areas were spotless and the reception staff were welcoming and gave the kids a free movie pass which kept them entertained. The breakfast room is very welcoming and the members of staff we met were excellent, breakfast choice was as you would expect and the buffet was largely kept on top of. Hotel is in an easy to find location just off the main road and has a co -op, petrol station, pizza hut all within the business park. All in all a very good hotel which will use again when we are in the area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear 4PalmTrees,

Thank you for taking the time to upload such a detailed brief following your recent stay with us, it is great to read your commentary as it clearly highlights you had an enjoyable visit and were able to sample the majority of services. On behalf of the team we very much look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights whilst we viewed houses in the area. My Husband is a platinum ambassador and they recognised this and upgraded us to a nice spacious room. The room was clean and bright with robes and amenities. The mini bar was well stocked and reasonable prices. They have a Starbucks in the restaurant and breakfast was really good. we ordered some bar snacks one night and they were really nice.The service was very slow but they didnt charge us.The location is excellent as on site there is a KFC, pitza hut, coop, drive through costa coffee, Harvester etc. We found the bed a bit too firm but other than that it was perfect and we could recomend to anyone needing a stopover.

Room Tip: The excecutive rooms are very spacious with a sofa/seating area.
1 Thank littlecottage1972
MarcS441, General Manager at Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear littlecottage1972,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience on Trip Advisor, I am delighted to read the many positives you have highlighted. I am sorry to learn that the service in the bar was slow on one occasion, this is something I will pick-up with my food & beverage team and will monitor moving forward. I undoubtedly hope that if you chose to relocate to the area you will join us for our excellent monthly tribute nights or become a regular at our locally renowned Sunday lunch feature.

Lincolnshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Not my first choice, as I managed to foul up my Premier Inn booking. Would stay there again. On arrival, one trainee trying to book a guest in, who was already booked in, but wanted to stay an extra night. Seemed to be taking ages. Another receptionist appeared, and either couldn't or didn't want to to check me in, because I had only booked within the last half an hour, and there was an issue with the the paperwork, which wasn't explained to me??? She passed me on to her trainee colleague, who was still struggling with her guest. Not beyond the realms of possibility for her to check me in??? Didn't feel welcomed by her. No conversation, probably because I wasn't wearing a suit. guest behind me was, he got the full chit-chat and check in, whilst I was still waiting. I am aware that opening doors with key cards isn' the greatest difficulty, but it seemed that I was being hurried when I asked what end goes in the lock. Probably why I ended up with 4 key cards, until an extremely nice receptionist showed me at the door how the cards work. Not the green end in first, as I thought I had been told. Arrows on the cards aren't difficult. Overall it is a very nice hotel, but personally I don't think it is as good value as the Premier Inn, certainly not at £50-£60 per night more. The room I had appeared smaller and the bed softer, but that is a personal opinion. Comfortable yes. Don't know if there was wireless internet, as I couldn't pick a signal up, but there was a cable, which is OK, so long as you have laptop. As I have said I would stay again, but my first choice will be Premier Inn, for value for money & welcoming staff. The night receptionist was night & day different, at least he would chat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Corsajon
Dear Corsajon,

Firstly thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge. I am disappointed to read your commentary concerning the poor welcome you encountered, I must stress that as leader of this hotel I will tolerate this standard of perception upon arrival; I strongly believe that your registration lays the cornerstone to your overall perception of the hotel. After reading your review I discussed your points with my Front Office Manager to ascertain why you had such a negative arrival, these points are being investigated with the reception team and rest assured such feedback in my consensus is not satisfactory.

We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the public areas of the hotel however within the bedroom internet is only accessible through an Ethernet cable. I note the room was comfortable however I agree the softness of the bed is personal preference.

I would like to conclude by adding we offer a first class facility in South Wiltshire area and I very much hope you will try us again whereby I can certainly guarantee you the warmest of welcomes.

Hotel Director
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
The Antrobus Hotel
The Pembroke Arms Hotel
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#3 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge? Share your experiences!