“VERY GOOD”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Amesbury
Douglas, Isle Of Man
“VERY GOOD”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

very clean,and very friendly staff,location good,rooms have all you need
our dog was made welcome too
would recommend to anyone,only problem was lack of parking close to Travelodge,very quiet,staff also helpfull

1 Thank Claire C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Lichfield
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My friend and I booked a room each for a three night stay at this Travelodge and have to say our rooms were beautiful. We could not fault the rooms in any way at all. They have just been refurbished to a very high standard and were cleaned every day whilst we were there. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and we even got a 10% discount when we ate in the Little Chef on site. For three nights we paid less than £90 and were central for visits to many lovely sights in the area. An absolute bargain!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Chris B
brighton
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had stayed here for the one night while I was visiting stonehenge and had found the travelodge to be really nice and clean. I had certainly no problems and had found the staff to be friendly and helpful;

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank gezzer30
Saxmundham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Why is it I give companies a second chance ? I ask myself this after spending three nights in this awful place after promising myself never to return last time, however this site has had a "Makeover", OK I think, maybe they are redoing things and getting it write this time, lets give one of there newly renovated rooms a go.

Oh how disappointed was I, the bed sheets were not changed, the plumbing makes a hell of a noise banging at all hours and the newly renovated rooms ? A coat of paint and replace tiles in the bathroom with plastic stick on walls.

The smell outside is horrendous, drains I am sure, outside the entrance is where inconsiderate smokers drop their leftovers, this is also a handy place for the drunks to congregate laughing and joking at all hours.

I mentioned that I had seen an upstairs window that was fully open, I was concerned this was a safety risk to a child, the response was, "Oh yeah its probably broken", astounding.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, try the Holiday Inn a little further along the A303.
3 Thank Darren I
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Darren I, we are sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent stay at Travelodge. Our rooms are expected to be serviced on a daily basis with the bedding being changed after the 3rd night. We do want our customers to have a restful stay with us so it is regrettable you were disturbed by the plumbing on this occasion. Our windows have restricted opening for safety reasons so we are concerned to learn that a window was fully opened. Please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting your details.

Travelers are raving about these Amesbury hotels

Kent
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Awful hotel - scruffy - untidy entrance with laundry cages all lined up. Rooms not ready despite website saying book in after 3pm. Carpet in room looked like someone sick on it and not cleaned up. Noise from next door awful. Water pipes made wailing noise 3 times during 1 night stay. Light in room not working. Bathroom tiles looked like tea poured down them. Bath and hand basin stained.

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We’re really sorry to hear about the issues you had at our hotel SP9592013. Please can you give us some more detail of your stay so we can address your concerns. To help us contact you please can you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to give us more detail and be sure to click on the ‘link from TripAdvisor’ option when submitting your details
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

first things first,
I left after my1 night stay covered in bites, my children also covered in bites.
I have reported this since and it has been looked into, no conclusion, but no fault of Travelodge, which is a joke as they were aware of things that were not mentioned in their report,
My advice if you are brave enough to stay, avoid the ground floor, if any windows are open when you arrive ask to be moved, don't open the windows during your stay, they have a stagnant water issue, that they know about, which attracts bugs.
now with the windows closed I hope you can put up with the smell from the toilet, although clean, you can still smell urine?.
2 other minor issues, the water pipes make a horrible knocking noise and the parking is poor, your share this with Burger King and Little Chef customers.
Even free I would not go back, once bitten twice shy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank glenn f
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Care at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear glenn f, we are really sorry to learn of the problems you experienced during your stay with us. We can confirm your concerns regarding insect bites have been fully investigated by our management team and by an external, professional pest control company. We take such complaints very seriously and follow strict policies to ensure thorough checks are performed in our hotels. We can confirm no evidence of infestation was found in our hotel and our Customer Care team have been in contact with you to present their findings.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We booked and paid for 2 rooms. We arrived at 1.30 am after a day at a wedding to be informed one of the rooms had been given away. We were 5 hours away from home and the best they could offer was bedding, so my brother in law could sleep on the floor in our room. Now, I am close to my brother in law but I didn't imagine he would be sleeping beneath me for the night! The following morning the covers had ruffled up the duvet, revealing dried blood patches all over the quilt. If I'd known before, we wouldn't have been spending he night there and we felt seriously 'grossed out' when we made our discovery. The staff were un-interested in our concerns and fobbed us off with a complaints form and a promise the manager would be in touch. I'm still waiting...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

TravelodgeUK, Sophie from Customer Care at Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Kerrie F, we are sorry to learn of the problems you encountered at our hotel. We do expect our staff to provide high levels of service at all times. We understand our Hotel Manager was due to contact you. If your concerns have not been addressed then we’d like to be able to contact you to find a resolution. Please could you visit our website and select the Contact Us button to tell us more and when doing so please indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amesbury
Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge
#4 of 16 in Salisbury
King's Head Inn
King's Head Inn
#3 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Travelodge Amesbury Stonehenge Hotel? Share your experiences!