“Great site, probably not worth paying to go in”
Review of Stonehenge

Stonehenge
Book In Advance
More Info
$85.88*
and up
London Super Saver: Royal London Sightseeing Tour with Changing of the Guard...
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Amesbury
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: One of the most important survivals of prehistoric England, Stonehenge consists of a group of huge rough-cut stones, some more than 20 feet high, arranged in two concentric circles.
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great site, probably not worth paying to go in”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had always wanted to see Stonehenge, but after several stories about how disappointing the site is, I took some advice and just viewed the stones from the roadside. And I'm glad I did... I think they charge almost £8 per person to just get near the stones (and you're not allowed to touch the stones or walk through them). You can get a great view of the site from the road, and there's a free parking lot if you go during the week (I think they charge all week long in the summer months). The stones are very interesting, but there isn't anything else to see at the site, and its situated directly in the middle of two busy roads. My advice would be to avoid spending the extra £8 per person, and just see the site from the side of the road. You can probably get your fill of Stonehenge in about 10 minutes.

2 Thank Kassie C

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Smaller than I expected from pictures I seen previously, but it is something amazing to see knowing the history and how they've been built. It is fascinating. As it doesn't take long to go around, it is nice to do as a part of a bus trip like I did with Golden Tour from Victoria coach station. I did the tour Stonehenge and Bath together. Enjoyed it so much and the tour guy was very nice and helpful.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
“Every time I visit Stonehenge, I always feel fascinated by the place and the history.”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I took a day trip with Golden Tours from London to Stonehenge, Salisbury and Bath. I've been to Stonehenge a number of times in all sorts of weather and each time the place still fascinates me.

From Stonehenge, we went to Salisbury cathedral. The restaurant inside the cathedral is a great place to eat because you can sit and ponder the cathedral from the glass roof. Salisbury is a beautiful city and is worth spending the whole afternoon there. We did not have the time because we had to continue on to Bath. A place like Bath really makes you wish you'd paid more attention in history class. It is really a natural as well as an engineering marvel left by the Romans. A stroll in the city of Bath is relaxing and Tish Marchant, our guide said that outside of Italy, you could not find a better place to have ice cream than here in Bath.

The journey from Bath to London is about 2 hours. It's not that long really because Tish fill you up with the history and explanations about buildings and places of interest. The time just passes and we got back to London at 7 pm.

Hamlin, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Very interesting”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed doing the audio tour. I found it more interesting than I thought it would be. Hard to comprehend all the time and effort to get these stoned to this location and then to place them there in that formation.

Atlanta, Georgia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“A must see while in London”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a wonderful little day trip while visiting London. My wife and I set out around noon from the greater London area and made it there, did the full audio tour and made it back home at 5pm and missed all traffic! It was GREAT! This attraction is a MUST do as it is so stinking OLD and amazing to see in person. It is fairly cheap too! For $8 you can spend as long as you like there. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a life long memory!