“I cant wait to leave and never return!”
Review of Metro Inns A1

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Metro Inns A1
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I cant wait to leave and never return!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My work sent me here and paid for several weeks stay. It has been a roller coaster ride of mayhem and madness. My greatest moment will be leaving and never coming again.
First we had no hot water, instead of moving us to another hotel ( we were not told no boiler)they offered a single shower for the use of at least 20 people. I regularly carried bundles of dirty wet towels out to reception from that shower room and the toilet was unflushed and earbuds lying around not to mention hairs in the bath etc it was disgusting. The manager regularly told us it is sanitised after very use. That was certainly not the case. How were the staff cleaning their hands? It was a health and safety issue really.
I seen rats running from the lower floor to the bins and back regularly and the manager had the audacity to say its ok we have bait laid down. The service was truly basic and against data protection regulations as they email your card details to someone else to take the payment? Im glad it was a works card as I would not allow this personally. It is still happeneing and i watched several times as the girls wrote card details on paper to input later! Anyone could take your details! Now we have hot water its bearable but watching the "manager" too busy on networking sites to deal with customers and her abusive language while on personal calls has been a constant and she seems to like to berate the staff in front of people - very unfriendly and unapproachable, how it stays open, I do not know.
I commend the staff for putting up with this and trying to muddle through as there seems no reason for them to be treated that way. This manager seems to get intoxicated regularly and only likes work men as they are all she talks to, except once she was shouting in the car park for them all to leave? That woke me up and worried me.
This place needs managed properly as the rooms are not the cleanest and the cleaners sit in the rooms on their phones instead of cleaning and the manager cant manage and the reception staff sit outside all the time. After this experience I will relish the fact that I will never have to return.

M Langan

Room Tip: Try elsewhere. This was in a rotten area where caravaners come to dump their toilet boxes in the bus...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
dazzaref, Group Operations Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking time to review this hotel.

I am slightly baffled about the majority of your comments contained within this review.

You are quite correct that we had a boiler issue but all guests were advised of this and were offered the opportunity to move hotels or receive a further discount on a room which cost only £29.95.

In no way did you or any other guest clear any rooms of wet towels this is completely untrue.

In relation to rats going to the bins, I am staggered at these comments as our bins are on the side of the hotel and again these comments are untrue.

In relation to your comments about credit cards and Data Protection again this information is wholely untue.

In relation to your comments regarding the manager I have checked the rota during the time of your review and she was on holiday???

All in all I find your comments bizarre and untue . It would appear that based on your comments you spent more time in the hotel and allegedly watching staff and working in the hotel than any other form of work. And to this end I will no longer comment.

Yours

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
heywood
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here on 14th June and was open so not sure how long it was closed for. This is a basic but clean hotel. We stayed for one night as we were at a wedding locally. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Guests at the hotel get a 10% discount at the services restaurant which was reasonably priced and tasty. This hotel was quiet and perfectly adequate for a short stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've also put review on Barnsdale Bar Services area of this web site as the motel seems to be listed a few times. Just to let you all know that this hotel is closed temporarily due to 'fire regulations' as I was told today - when I went to check in at 6pm! I booked this motel a few weeks ago, as a stop-over whilst working away and no-one even thought to let me know via email/text/phone call, that it was closed (they had been closed since last Friday according to the member of staff there). Blame Booking.com (who I booked it through) or the motel, but the fact is that I was not informed and fuming as I had to look for other accommodation at 6pm in rush hour on the A1 southbound ! I should have trusted my instincts and stayed at Premier Inn or a Travelodge, I only booked this as it included wireless internet and all mod cons. I am waiting to hear from Booking.com after their feeble excuses of 'oh we don't deal with this hotel anymore' on the telephone. I am so annoyed.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Helenofhull
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, this hotel was taken over by Siesta Inns from The Metro Inns group which went into administration on the 24th May. I am sorry that you found the hotel closed, on this occasion and that no one contacted you to advise you. Unfortunately, the hotel was closed by the Fire and Rescue Service due to the Fire Alarm system not fully functioning. We contacted our fire alarm engineer who confirmed that a wire had been deliberately cut in an attempt to disable the system. An anonymous call was made to the Fire Service which prompted their visit.

In relation to your booking unfortunately as Metro Inns had gone into administration we did not have all the bookings which went direct to their Dublin headquarters.

I am happy to say that our Fire Alarm is fully functioning and we are again open for business. I am indeed sorry you suffered inconvenience and I hope you will give us a try again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Travelers are raving about these Wentbridge hotels

Ashton in Makerfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Metro Inn on the A1 south at Barnsdale Bar for 8 nights (4 nights on 2 consecutive weeks). certainly the cheapest in the area, and ideal for what I needed it for, which was somewhere to stay while working away. All rooms have been simply decorated with a coat of magnolia, and simple bedding. A large 42" flat screen in every room, along with a fridge and microwave make it ideal for anyone looking for cheap lodgings with work. The bed was not the most comfortable, but for short stays it is something you can cope with.

I experienced only 2 problems on my stays, the first occurred in both rooms. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, and I guess for those that smoke, they think blowing smoke into the extractors in the bathrooms masks the fact they have been smoking. What it does seem to do is make all the other rooms smell of smoke as it passes through the vents. I did report it to reception to be told it was an ongoing problem and they know about it. The second issue was with a large portable boiler that was parked in the field supplying heating I presume. Every time that fired up it was like a jet taxiing for take off.. Apart from that, everything with my stay was fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Metro Inn A1 at Wentbridge after booking with Booking.com. It only cost us £25.00 for a double room. Please note the picture above is not the Metro Inn i stayed at and as reviews below I believe Trip Advisor have the wrong picture. Although the address and location is correct.

When we arrived the Hotel is new, is a budget hotel and although my expectations were low I had a suprise. The gentleman at reception was great, Booking in quick and he took us to our room which was lovely and warm. They must have expected us and got the room all ready for us.
In the room was a large 42 inch TV, coffee and tea facilities and much to my suprise a Microwave. If you book here and are hungry bring some ready meals and plates with you unless you are heating up a pie or something. There is free internet / Wifi and in some of the rooms the wireless signal is not great then reception will give you a lead.
The bed is comfortable and sleep great. Even though next to A1 I could hear not traffic. The hotel car park is large and next to the car park is a boarded up ex Little Chef. Security Im not sure but obviously make sure your car is locked, alarmed and has no valuables on show. There are no Restaurants or cafes on site except a 24 hour petrol station.
Overall lovely place to stay, affordable, clean, warm, free internet, coffee and tea, mircowave, comfortable bed, standard show, massive TV. What more do you want from a Budget Hotel. In fact you get a lot more staying here than you would in a 3 to 4 star hotel.
Come to this place with little expectation and be suprised by what is on offer.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask recption for a internet lead and password if using the free internet. Also bring...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul O, Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
At Metro Inns, we always strive to go that little bit further with added extras like large screen televisions, fridges, microwaves, etc in every room. I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Metro Inns again in the near future
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at this room on 1st march, to be honest, for the £25 didnt expect much. But was very pleasently suprised. On arrival, yes the car park could maybe do with a touch here and there. But inside no faults at all. The man on reception was pleasant and friendly, even took me to my room, offered to carry my suitcase down the stairs. It was a particularly cold night and He said he had put the heatin on a while earlier. The room was lovely, i have stayed in place much worse for much more money! Very clean, not one fault at all. Large 42" tv, microwave, Fridge, coffe and tea, table to eat at! (obv as there are no restaurant facilities). Very reasonable Vending machine and the garage if you need anything. Bed is super comfortable and lovely clean white sheets. Will def be staying in another of this chain again !!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I arrived and was shown to the room by the guy at the desk who was very polite and chatty. Great clean room with very comfartable bed, fridge, microwave and large screen TV. I usuallystay in Travelodges, but will be staying here from now on. 100% better than Travelodge.
I brought a microwave meal with me and they even provided plates and culery

Room Tip: There is a fridge and microwave in the room, so bring some food with you
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentbridge
Wentbridge House Hotel
Travelodge Pontefract Ferrybridge A1/M62
Kyte Hotel
Kyte Hotel
#1 of 1 in Darrington

Been to Metro Inns A1? Share your experiences!