“Good Budget Hotel”
Review of Metro Inns A1

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Metro Inns A1
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here on 14th June and was open so not sure how long it was closed for. This is a basic but clean hotel. We stayed for one night as we were at a wedding locally. The front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Guests at the hotel get a 10% discount at the services restaurant which was reasonably priced and tasty. This hotel was quiet and perfectly adequate for a short stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Metro Inns A1

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I've also put review on Barnsdale Bar Services area of this web site as the motel seems to be listed a few times. Just to let you all know that this hotel is closed temporarily due to 'fire regulations' as I was told today - when I went to check in at 6pm! I booked this motel a few weeks ago, as a stop-over whilst working away and no-one even thought to let me know via email/text/phone call, that it was closed (they had been closed since last Friday according to the member of staff there). Blame Booking.com (who I booked it through) or the motel, but the fact is that I was not informed and fuming as I had to look for other accommodation at 6pm in rush hour on the A1 southbound ! I should have trusted my instincts and stayed at Premier Inn or a Travelodge, I only booked this as it included wireless internet and all mod cons. I am waiting to hear from Booking.com after their feeble excuses of 'oh we don't deal with this hotel anymore' on the telephone. I am so annoyed.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Helenofhull
dazzaref, Group Operations Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, this hotel was taken over by Siesta Inns from The Metro Inns group which went into administration on the 24th May. I am sorry that you found the hotel closed, on this occasion and that no one contacted you to advise you. Unfortunately, the hotel was closed by the Fire and Rescue Service due to the Fire Alarm system not fully functioning. We contacted our fire alarm engineer who confirmed that a wire had been deliberately cut in an attempt to disable the system. An anonymous call was made to the Fire Service which prompted their visit.

In relation to your booking unfortunately as Metro Inns had gone into administration we did not have all the bookings which went direct to their Dublin headquarters.

I am happy to say that our Fire Alarm is fully functioning and we are again open for business. I am indeed sorry you suffered inconvenience and I hope you will give us a try again in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Metro Inn on the A1 south at Barnsdale Bar for 8 nights (4 nights on 2 consecutive weeks). certainly the cheapest in the area, and ideal for what I needed it for, which was somewhere to stay while working away. All rooms have been simply decorated with a coat of magnolia, and simple bedding. A large 42" flat screen in every room, along with a fridge and microwave make it ideal for anyone looking for cheap lodgings with work. The bed was not the most comfortable, but for short stays it is something you can cope with.

I experienced only 2 problems on my stays, the first occurred in both rooms. Smoking is not allowed in the rooms, and I guess for those that smoke, they think blowing smoke into the extractors in the bathrooms masks the fact they have been smoking. What it does seem to do is make all the other rooms smell of smoke as it passes through the vents. I did report it to reception to be told it was an ongoing problem and they know about it. The second issue was with a large portable boiler that was parked in the field supplying heating I presume. Every time that fired up it was like a jet taxiing for take off.. Apart from that, everything with my stay was fine.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Metro Inn A1 at Wentbridge after booking with Booking.com. It only cost us £25.00 for a double room. Please note the picture above is not the Metro Inn i stayed at and as reviews below I believe Trip Advisor have the wrong picture. Although the address and location is correct.

When we arrived the Hotel is new, is a budget hotel and although my expectations were low I had a suprise. The gentleman at reception was great, Booking in quick and he took us to our room which was lovely and warm. They must have expected us and got the room all ready for us.
In the room was a large 42 inch TV, coffee and tea facilities and much to my suprise a Microwave. If you book here and are hungry bring some ready meals and plates with you unless you are heating up a pie or something. There is free internet / Wifi and in some of the rooms the wireless signal is not great then reception will give you a lead.
The bed is comfortable and sleep great. Even though next to A1 I could hear not traffic. The hotel car park is large and next to the car park is a boarded up ex Little Chef. Security Im not sure but obviously make sure your car is locked, alarmed and has no valuables on show. There are no Restaurants or cafes on site except a 24 hour petrol station.
Overall lovely place to stay, affordable, clean, warm, free internet, coffee and tea, mircowave, comfortable bed, standard show, massive TV. What more do you want from a Budget Hotel. In fact you get a lot more staying here than you would in a 3 to 4 star hotel.
Come to this place with little expectation and be suprised by what is on offer.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask recption for a internet lead and password if using the free internet. Also bring...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul O, Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

At Metro Inns, we always strive to go that little bit further with added extras like large screen televisions, fridges, microwaves, etc in every room. I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Metro Inns again in the near future

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at this room on 1st march, to be honest, for the £25 didnt expect much. But was very pleasently suprised. On arrival, yes the car park could maybe do with a touch here and there. But inside no faults at all. The man on reception was pleasant and friendly, even took me to my room, offered to carry my suitcase down the stairs. It was a particularly cold night and He said he had put the heatin on a while earlier. The room was lovely, i have stayed in place much worse for much more money! Very clean, not one fault at all. Large 42" tv, microwave, Fridge, coffe and tea, table to eat at! (obv as there are no restaurant facilities). Very reasonable Vending machine and the garage if you need anything. Bed is super comfortable and lovely clean white sheets. Will def be staying in another of this chain again !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I arrived and was shown to the room by the guy at the desk who was very polite and chatty. Great clean room with very comfartable bed, fridge, microwave and large screen TV. I usuallystay in Travelodges, but will be staying here from now on. 100% better than Travelodge.
I brought a microwave meal with me and they even provided plates and culery

Room Tip: There is a fridge and microwave in the room, so bring some food with you
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived at this motel at around 6pm. First off its next to a little chef that has closed down, and the car park looks abandoned and doesn't look very secure.

We checked-in, and the man at the desk didnt seem to have any manners what so ever. The room was clean and tidy with a good 42'' TV and fridge and microwave. The carpet was held together in places with Silver Duck tape.

The bath was tiny. Maybe just big enough for a child aged 12 or under. The shower was okay but the water was not hot enough.

the room was very cold due to the gap under the door. So after we blocked it up with towels it eventually warmed up.

And on the night, whenever the person above moved around the room it sounded like they would come through the ceiling.

overall, it was OK. but we did go to the darriginton pub 2 miles away on the evening which was very nice food by FAYRE and SQUARE and i did notice a travelodge there which if cheap enough would be a better option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lanceneoman

Been to Metro Inns A1? Share your experiences!