“Cheap and yes ok!!!”
Review of Metro Inns A1

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Metro Inns A1
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at the Metro Inn A1 at Wentbridge after booking with Booking.com. It only cost us £25.00 for a double room. Please note the picture above is not the Metro Inn i stayed at and as reviews below I believe Trip Advisor have the wrong picture. Although the address and location is correct.

When we arrived the Hotel is new, is a budget hotel and although my expectations were low I had a suprise. The gentleman at reception was great, Booking in quick and he took us to our room which was lovely and warm. They must have expected us and got the room all ready for us.
In the room was a large 42 inch TV, coffee and tea facilities and much to my suprise a Microwave. If you book here and are hungry bring some ready meals and plates with you unless you are heating up a pie or something. There is free internet / Wifi and in some of the rooms the wireless signal is not great then reception will give you a lead.
The bed is comfortable and sleep great. Even though next to A1 I could hear not traffic. The hotel car park is large and next to the car park is a boarded up ex Little Chef. Security Im not sure but obviously make sure your car is locked, alarmed and has no valuables on show. There are no Restaurants or cafes on site except a 24 hour petrol station.
Overall lovely place to stay, affordable, clean, warm, free internet, coffee and tea, mircowave, comfortable bed, standard show, massive TV. What more do you want from a Budget Hotel. In fact you get a lot more staying here than you would in a 3 to 4 star hotel.
Come to this place with little expectation and be suprised by what is on offer.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask recption for a internet lead and password if using the free internet. Also bring...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paul O, Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

At Metro Inns, we always strive to go that little bit further with added extras like large screen televisions, fridges, microwaves, etc in every room. I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope to welcome you back to Metro Inns again in the near future

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed at this room on 1st march, to be honest, for the £25 didnt expect much. But was very pleasently suprised. On arrival, yes the car park could maybe do with a touch here and there. But inside no faults at all. The man on reception was pleasant and friendly, even took me to my room, offered to carry my suitcase down the stairs. It was a particularly cold night and He said he had put the heatin on a while earlier. The room was lovely, i have stayed in place much worse for much more money! Very clean, not one fault at all. Large 42" tv, microwave, Fridge, coffe and tea, table to eat at! (obv as there are no restaurant facilities). Very reasonable Vending machine and the garage if you need anything. Bed is super comfortable and lovely clean white sheets. Will def be staying in another of this chain again !!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I arrived and was shown to the room by the guy at the desk who was very polite and chatty. Great clean room with very comfartable bed, fridge, microwave and large screen TV. I usuallystay in Travelodges, but will be staying here from now on. 100% better than Travelodge.
I brought a microwave meal with me and they even provided plates and culery

Room Tip: There is a fridge and microwave in the room, so bring some food with you
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived at this motel at around 6pm. First off its next to a little chef that has closed down, and the car park looks abandoned and doesn't look very secure.

We checked-in, and the man at the desk didnt seem to have any manners what so ever. The room was clean and tidy with a good 42'' TV and fridge and microwave. The carpet was held together in places with Silver Duck tape.

The bath was tiny. Maybe just big enough for a child aged 12 or under. The shower was okay but the water was not hot enough.

the room was very cold due to the gap under the door. So after we blocked it up with towels it eventually warmed up.

And on the night, whenever the person above moved around the room it sounded like they would come through the ceiling.

overall, it was OK. but we did go to the darriginton pub 2 miles away on the evening which was very nice food by FAYRE and SQUARE and i did notice a travelodge there which if cheap enough would be a better option.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lanceneoman
Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed one night at this hotel on 5th Dec 2012. Glad i did, the hotel Manager was very pleasant , showed me to the room the room was excellent it had twin beds, fridge, microwave,( I took porridge for microwave breakfast and a ready meal for the evening,) it had a great 42 inch tv , a bath and shower (albeit the bath was very slow to fill),the only thing I didnt like was the tea bags (PG Tips HORRIBLE) I did say to the Manager next day my only complaint was the tea was C*** they should have Yorkshire Tea. Hopefully they will take my advice for when I have to stay next which will be very soon because at £25 per night for a room was very good value for money. It was clean in all areas and presented well. I think I should know as I have experience in inspecting hotels when I used to work for a living , I hasten to say I am now retired.

Room Tip: Dont need to worry about sleep as all rooms are at back facing fields (brilliant nights sleep) This...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean room for sure though:

toilet handle did not function 100%so difficult to flush
shower was poor
towels like cardboard/cheap linen
indifferent welcome from staff
strong smell ( like petrol) in the foyer both when we arrived and when we left
some suggestion of vouchers for local eating ..never mentionedto us

We did sleep well but on reflection would rather pay more for some atmosphere!

Room Tip: fine if you are tired and want to get your head down for one night when on a long journey otherwise...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank davidb186338
Paul O, Manager at Metro Inns A1, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

At Metro Inns, we pride ourselves on a high standard of service and facilities. I am sorry to hear that some aspects of yor stay did not seem to live up to our usual high standards.
I will answer your points as follows:
The rooms are checked daily by the manager before check in. On your departure, it was noticed that the toilet flush handle was slightly loose. However, the toilet was still fully functioning and flushes fully and easily. This has now been tightened. If you had made us aware of this at the time, this would have been fixed or we would have relocated you to another room.
We pride ourselves on a friendly, courtious service. All guests are shown to the rooms on arrival
The shower has been checked and we can find no fault with this. All the showers have recently been serviced during refurbishment.
All our linen and towels are supplied by a major national hotel linen supply company. We pride ourselves on hight quality in all our recently refurbished rooms. Any items found not to meet our exacting standards are returned automatically to the linen company. All our rooms have been refurbished with new beds, high quality duvets and pillows and 42" plasma televisions.
Our boilers are oil fired from a tank on the outside wall of the building. On occasion, there can be a slight odour in the hallway next to the tank on the day the tank is filled. This is unavoidable. However, this affects only a very small donstairs foyer area and does not affect any of the bedrooms within the property.
Finally, we do not have any arrangement with local restaurants for vouchers or discounts of any sort. We will direct you to local bars and restaurants and recommend places in the local area. We also provide full self catering facilities with a fridge, microwave and tea/coffee in every room. We also have a large self catering kitchen and will provide any cutlery or crockery you require.
We would like to take this oportunity to thank you for your feedback and hopefully we can do better next time.
Regards,
Property manager

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Metro Inn twice in the last month and cannot fault the place. Excellent value for money . Nice clean rooms and very well equipped with large screen plasma TV, fridge, microwave, full bathroom and very comfortable beds. Check in process very quick and friendly. Hard to beat at £29.95 per night. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank toptraveluk

At Metro Inns, we pride ourselves on going the extra mile, providiing service with a smile. I would like to take this oportunity to thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you again in the future,
Regards,
Property Manager

Been to Metro Inns A1? Share your experiences!