“Perfect”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Wentbridge and it can only be described as perfect. All the staff including Bais and Mark were excellent, courteous and professional - they reminded us of things we had forgotten,items left unattended etc and looked after us in a way which made the whole day very smooth and effortless - at least for us.

The setting is fantastic - and I don't think you can compare this hotel to a Premier Inn (I should know, I have to sample enough corporate hotels for my work) this is a different league. Our room was amazing (yes it was the Bridal Suite) and in total our party had perhaps a dozen rooms - no complaints at all.

The food was excellent, drinks expensive (no more than you would expect - it is a 4-star hotel) and overall our day was superb for us and our guests.

A huge thanks to all concerned for looking after us, and all being well we are looking to book our first anniversary here

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jeff g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We had a "Premium Double" in the new wing. The room was large but rather bleak and lacking any luxury touches. The freebie soap etc in the bathroom was minimalist, the towels standard issue, no bathrobes or slippers. The tea tray was marginally better basic. My wife was convinced that we had been put in a "standard double" & rang reception who soon put her right on that one! The new wing is characterless and reached by a labyrinthine walk from reception or more easily walking around the outside (weather permitting). We had a "special rate" for the room which was frankly even then steep for what you get. Fellow guests attending the same event were of a similar view.
The breakfast was satisfactory but no better that that available at a Premier Inn at two thirds of the price.
The staff were by and large very good but nothing could dispel the feeling that we'd been fleeced!
Would I recommend? No!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank alleynboy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at the Wentbridge House on our way to Leeds. Recently renovated, the room we stayed in the new building was enormous. A great bathroom and powerful shower. The breakfast and the quality of its ingredients was excellent and the staff very friendly, helpful and proactive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew M
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

What an amazing day we had for our daughters wedding reception held here on 26th October.
All the staff from Catherine, the hotel manager, to the girls on the reception were fantastic.
Everyone was courteous and professional.
Nothing was too much trouble. The day could not have gone better thanks especially to Nicola the wedding coordinator and Bais the master of ceremonies.
The food and service was exceptional. A lot of our guests commented on the fact it was the best wedding they had been to, and praised the venue and the food.
The rooms also could not be faulted.
The wedding was rearranged as we had to cancel the original due to a tragic accident.
The management and staff were outstanding throughout this difficult time being genuinely sympathetic and compassionate.
A special thank you to Catherine Harrild who pulled out all the stops to make this an Amazing day. Nothing was too much trouble and along with Nicola made the whole planning process pleasurable.
I cannot recommend the Wentbridge House highly enough especially for a wedding venue.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank GAZ1161
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Had a fabulous early supper here with 2 friends. Food was amazing, staff very nice.
Did seem to take an inordinate amount of time for each course to be delivered but this wasn't a big problem for us. It is expensive but certainly one of the best restaurants in the area.
Room appeared to be mainly populated by men on their own, handy if you're a single woman?
Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gravepenguin
Pontefract, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My son and daughter in law got married at the Wentbridge Hotel in September. I would like to thank all involved in making the day so wonderful. Staff were all first class and totally professional. The venue was amazing and the outside wedding which took place was the most wonderful service I have ever attended. The outside gardens were all beautiful. Food for the wedding reception could only be described as superb. I would recommend this venue for any couple wishing to have a perfect wedding. I can't thank you enough for making the day so wonderful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lesley M
Leeds
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel in lovely location. The service was excellent and the room fantastic. My only criticism was that the heavy room doors bang shut as guests go in and out so I was woken at approx 7am by early risers (something I am not) so this was a bit annoying but overall, not a major issue.
The only main issue I had and others in my party had, were the bar prices. They are very expensive. I know I am not used to staying in hotels or going to expensive places but I don't like to feel ripped off and I think £4.95 for a very small glass of wine is extortionate. There's just no need to charge such high prices. I am also very glad that breakfast was included in the room price as £17.50 for an average sized cooked breakfast would also have been way over the top. The food for the wedding itself was really excellent though.
Overall, a great hotel. The new annex seems better than the old house as that has very creaky floorboards which may annoy some. I would recommend the hotel but only to those who have deep pockets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank qwertymnbvc
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentbridge
Waterton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Walton
Leeds City Centre
The Chambers Park Place
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton

Been to Wentbridge House Hotel? Share your experiences!