“Absolutely FABULOUS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wentbridge
Mirfield
“Absolutely FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Well what can I say ? We have been to Wentbridge House on numerous occasions for various functions etc

We always love the feel of the place and the great relaxed atmosphere that ensues

The Brasserie has just had a recent full update with gorgeous new furniture and plush carpets.

All the staff are always attentive to your every need...Nothing is too much trouble for them and they always serve you with a smile !

For this occasion we had a relaxing overnight weeked stay arranged with the family my wife,2 sons and my eldest sons girlfriend

We ALL throughly enjoyed our stay from the moment we arrived till when we left.

I will always recommend Wentbridge House to anyone thinking of a nice weekend break away to maybe planning your wedding at this gorgeous location

Once again thanks for making us feel so special !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chris R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Had an amazing meal with great service and amazing food. The ribs were to die for and the cod just fell to pieces! Graeme was very attentive and very helpful. The surroundings are lovely and it has a very nice atmosphere. I will definitely dine here again! Thank you

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank yug90
Doncaster
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

This is the second time we have visited this restaurant, last year I gave it a five star review, not this time though.
Six friends who meet up every couple of months to try out different places to eat, seeing as we had a great meal there last year we decided to go again.
What a difference.
To say the prices were very expensive is an understatement, around £26:99 for a main meal, which we would not have minded had the meal been worth it, I am afraid it wasn't.
The portions were minute, my cousin and I had the cod, it was approx. 3 inches by 3 inches, with it came half an artichoke, green cold mushy peas and other tiny items which we still don't know what they were.
They came on huge plates which made the meals look lost, nothing was what we could say tasty, just like cod you would have from a fish and chip shop, only it would probably be better at the fish and chip shop, and much cheaper!!.
None of us had a starter as they were horrible, the best part of the meal was the puddings, which although still expensive, were lovely.
Also normally there would be small 'pan' like containers with veg to help yourself with the main meal, we had two small pans, and I mean very small, half filled with small pea's and green beans and brocolli, the other pan had black potato's !!The 'pans' were only half full and luke warm, just four to share between six of us, not acceptable.
The main dining room was completely deserted, which is no suprise, in the smaller room was our table of six, a table with two and a table with four and this was a Saturday night.
I cannot believe the difference from last time when there was plenty of food on the plates with lots of extra veg to share, to this poor amount, what on earth has happend to Wentbridge House???
The bill plus tips came to £270, the food consumed would have probaby cost £50 at the most,we only had soft drinks, so what it would have come to with alcohol goodness knows.
The one, and ONLY good point was
'Babs', she is such a sweet lady and has worked there years, she is lovely.
Needless to say we will not be going back to this restaurant in a hurry, that is unless they get a new chef, bigger portions and hot food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank DoncasterYorkie
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at Wentbridge for a friends wedding. We decided to go for a Deluxe room to get a larger bed and I was pleased we made this decision as the room was a really good size which gave us room to spread out to get ready. I did not think the room had the extra 'edge' you would expect for the price we paid e.g. good quality matress or good quality pillows but it was very clean with good quality furnishings and molton brown products in the bathroom which were replenished. It had a nice hot powerful shower with the option for a bath. We were given a mulled wine on arrival which was very nice and I could not fault the service of the staff throughout our stay. Wentbridge has a good selection of drinks available- they did not have mint to make a mojito so suggested a mango mojito instead which is a good thing to suggest when you have run out of something. We ate in the hotel on both nights (one of which was the wedding) and I thought the food was excellent. Feeding 85 people is not easy in one sitting while delivering good quality and I thought they did this exceptionally well maintaining professionalism at all times. I was a little disappointed we could not keep our room open for drinks etc because we only had a debit card available so needed to pay upfront which closed the room- this is not something I had experienced before. We thought the consistency and speed of the breakfast varied on the two mornings we ate there- it seemed slightly disorganised on the second day when the breakfast area was half full. Good quality ingredients but lacked something for a yorkshire breakfast. Overall, I would stay again but would need to be a treat for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank CrosbyFieldsS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Food here is usually good, however recently came to the brasserie with my family. The meal was more than disappointing, had to send two of the meals back as the food was off. Sent a complaint to the hotel on the company website, but as yet I have heard nothing back.

On the plus side the service is always good but the food is over priced and the quality is hit and miss.

• Stayed October 2012
6 Thank Peaches1111
Doncaster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I arranged a special celebration lunch for my wifes birthday and from the moment I contacted them to the moment we departed after paying the bill they were excellent - I cannot praise them enough.

They were friendly, yet professional the food was amazing and the whole experience was perfection.

The staff are fantastic, the setting is lovely and the attention to detail is as good as it gets. I cannot recommend this hotel and restaurant highly enough.

I had arranged a cake and when my wife was out of earshot they enquired would I like them to sing when they brought it to the table!?!! Fantastic

Have no doubts about using this establishment - we are already planning our next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Alan2168
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

A disappointing stay from start to finish.

Sadly we visited Wentbridge House for the wedding of some close friends and had our whole experience blighted by freezing cold, over conditioned dining and bar areas, incompetent and uncaring staff, a mediocre room which was exorbitantly over priced and a fire alarm going off at 5am on a Sunday morning due to a staff member 'burning his toast'.

The very young and inexperienced staff seemed more than reluctant to offer their assistance and the general impression of the hotel was amateur at best.

I would certainly not recommend this hotel for a wedding, any other function or even a night away as the promises they advertise and the prices they charge certainly do not reflect the standards you will receive.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Hanni-Jane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wentbridge
Waterton Park Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,394 reviews
Oulton Hall & Spa
#1 of 1 in Oulton
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,383 reviews

Been to Wentbridge House? Share your experiences!