“Large portions, tasty food, good atmosphere”
Review of Blue Bell Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wentbridge
Blue Bell Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Wentbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2012

Lovely location (Just off the A1, not far from the M62 junction but in the lovely Brockadale Valley) especially in Summer with large car park and loads of character.

Attentive staff- professional welcome (wise to book at weekends especially) and we were shown to the 'side room'. OK, although more of an atmosphere and 'buzz' in the main room - window seats are good,. Still, not too much noise so easier for hard-of-hearing mum, wife and me to chat. Super, wide menu choice with a select number of specials on the board. Decided to miss the starters and stick with mains with an option of deserts afterwards perhaps.

Wise move!

Beef Wellington (cooked exactly as requested -Medium/well) was tasty and large! Mushroom duxelle not Pate but that's my preference anyway. Tasty, well-cooked puff pastry and rich wine sauce. My wife had ordered Fish and Chips. In the past this has been my choice at The Bluebell because the dish has consistently been superb. On this occasion, however, the haddock was rather too moist in the middle but within an excellent batter. My mum had a Chicken Sizzler.. well presented, tasty but much too large for her modest appetite. Add to all that, the well-cooked but usual selection of veg and we ended up with lots of food!

Of course, the portion sizes aren't mentioned as a criticism at all! The first question to be answered is whether the food has been well cooked and presented and undoubtedly - apart from the over-moist haddock - it was. It's worth a mention, though cos if you have a modest appetite you may want to select a starter instead - or at least be pre-warned!. However, if you have a hearty appetite and value quality cooking, then you certainly won't be disappointed (and on previous occasions the Fish and chips have been a good choice.)

A well-stocked bar but normally only one person serving so be careful not to be caught there just as your meal is arriving!

Needless to say, we didn't have room for deserts though the choice looked great!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pontefract

Reviewed January 13, 2012

We have been here twice with friends.
First time the rump steak was massive but of poor quality could have done with less but better quality.
The pepper sauce... I think the chef needs to sort this out as it seemed to be from a packet.
Second time I had steak pie which was ok but the gravy that came with it seemed to be made from gravy granules which left a really bad salty taste in my mouth for ages.
Maybe it is meant to get you to buy more drinks?

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nick7000000
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Since we moved here we have been going to the bluebell inn and had never been disappointed. specially good during the summer where you can sit in the beer garden.

I recommend the steak ciabatta sandwich. Very filling, steak is tender and cooked to perfection. Home made chips are amazing too!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 21, 2011

we had a good half hour to get to the blue bell to meet friends and family.i was glad we had booked as it was heaving ,.the menus were bought to us and we were left to ponder . i chose a prawn cacktail ,well it arrived and it was massive ,loads of big fat prawns ,i could of just had that for my main. for my main i had chicken wrapped in bacon,stuffed with prawns ,that came with nice home made chips ,the service was good and quick , of the six people we all said it was nice and will look forward to going again

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Bell Inn? Share your experiences!