The Old Rectory
Premier Inn Huddersfield North Hotel(Brighouse)(Great Value!)
$63
$100
$42
$38
Orbitz.com
Holiday Inn Leeds Brighouse(Brighouse)(Great Value!)
$82
$69
  • Restaurant
$83
$72
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My husband and I were fortunate to make a last minute booking at this lovely property. The house is in a beautiful setting in a wonderful part of the country. Our room was immaculate, very tastefully decorated and so peaceful. Our hostess was amazingly friendly and could not have made us more welcome after our tiring journey. Our evening meal was first class and the breakfast was perfect, my husband was well and truly spoilt! We were also grateful for the advice on local areas of interest. We are hoping to stay again within the next few months and have recommended the accommodation to friends and relatives.

Julie Haley

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I was attending a meeting on Huddersfield and rather than stay in run of the mill place there (think Travel Lodge) I chose The Old Rectory in nearby Mirfield. I was rather glad I did, I like the period features and the grounds.

I could tell the owner went out of her way for me, I was a little late, but she had kept food hot for us.

Clean, warm, nice linen.

I noticed that someone mentioned the location and yes is it true you have to drive past some houses but the actual property was very secluded with large established trees.

I would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This little gem turned out to a lot better than I thought it would be. The host was extremely helpful & nothing was too much trouble for her. I found the room to be spotless & comfortable along with rest of the house but the big bonus is the beautiful grounds it's set in, so peaceful.
The evening meals on offer were gorgeous, lovely portions of rustic cooking for a very reasonable price. All in all I had a delightful weekend here & would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

What a truly stunning weekend at this beautifully decorated B&B. Nothing was too much trouble and even though we arrived a little late (M1 traffic), Mrs Lorimer had a really delicious meal ready for us and mulled wine as the weather was a bit miserable; - to warm us from our journey.

The bed was very comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean and tasteful. Lots of books and advise on hand of good walks in the area. Would definitely go back, have family nearby so it's a perfect place to revisit. Was like home from home with bells on!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stole away for a brief romantic get away with my fiancé and we couldn't have had a more enjoyable and enchanting few days. The grounds are beautiful to walk around especially at this time of year, not that we could tear ourselves away for long from the luscious room we had, as for the meals ...who doesn't love a well cooked homey meal? We intend to return next year and hope to make it our annual retreat. Highly recommended !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple