“Something really special that you can do alone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eastthorpe Hall

Eastthorpe Hall
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Mirfield
Mirfield, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Something really special that you can do alone!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Being a spa ‘virgin’ so not sure what to expect I was delighted with my visit. From my initial enquiry with Gemma in reservations, who very patiently went through all options with me, to my visit yesterday I was really well looked after. Even though there was an itinerary I never felt rushed and had plenty of time to just sit and read in fabulous surroundings – including the gardens.
Everybody was so friendly and caring and the girl that did my massage knew exactly which oils I needed for my wellbeing and after my facial I felt fabulous.
Only booked a half day but now wish I had done a full day – just a shame that you can’t stay overnight as I was so relaxed at the end of the afternoon I just really wanted to stay – the whole place was calm and peaceful.
I will definitely be going back again

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Karen B
GEC_12, Front Office Manager at Eastthorpe Hall, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review, hopefully we will see you back for a full day very soon.

Yorkshire, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A little bit of luxury....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

... right on my doorstep.

Having driven past Eastthorpe Hall on an almost daily basis for the last 5 years I finally decided to treat myself, and it is definitely something I will be doing on a regular basis. I booked a full day pre holiday pamper session for myself and 2 friends and it was amazing. As soon as I walked through the door I felt the stress float away. I was very impressed with the tranquil atmosphere, and it astounded me that although I knew there were a number of people booked into the spa everything was organised in such a way that we very rarely saw the other guests, with the exception of breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea when we would all miraculously appear to eat the most divine food. The staff were very attentive and always where you needed them to be. If you are considering going with friends, everything is super organised so you all have you treatments at the same time and meet up afterwards, so there is no waiting around for friends and you are effortlessly guided through the day.

I also liked that the owner added a personal touch by having a chat to find out how things were going, and you could see how much she loved her spa. Also ask her to explain how to use the 'Messages from Angels' cards, we could have kept ourselves occupied for hours, they were amazingly uncanny.

Finally, I cannot say enough good things about my therapist Faye. She was amazing, knowledgeable and I will definitely be requesting her on my next visit. I also found it more relaxing that you have a therapist assigned to you for all of your treatments.

Overall an outstanding experience, if only there was a special occasion every week.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Cleo33
GEC_12, Front Office Manager at Eastthorpe Hall, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are so happy that you all thoroughly enjoyed your day with us. Hopefully we will see you again for another spa day soon.
Mirfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“outstanding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Based in a former ancient and substantial family home the atmosphere is like entering another world. The treatments offered and the service which delivers them are superb and the food (provided by an outstanding chef) is exceptional. A truly uplifting and relaxing experience

Visited November 2012
1 Thank wallenstein1946
west yorkshire
“Eastthorpe Hall- lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was my first spa experience and I absolutely loved it, it was truly amazing. I treated my mum for her birthday along with her friend.
The experience was really enjoyable and relaxing, the staff were very helpful and lovely to be around. The chef even catered to our needs (the food by the way was scrumptious as was the afternoon tea).
When I first booked I thought it was too expensive but after spending the whole day there with a number of treatments I can say it was well worth it.
Now that I've been once I'm saving to book again! I would definitely recommend.

Visited July 2013
GEC_12, Front Office Manager at Eastthorpe Hall, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
We are so happy that you all thoroughly enjoyed your day with us. Hopefully we will see you all again for another spa day soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Total Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I have nothing negative to say. From start to finish the whole experience was utterly superb! I will be booking again soon.

Visited May 2013
GEC_12, Front Office Manager at Eastthorpe Hall, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you Ange, we are so glad you enjoyed your time with us.