“restored our faith in good food and service”

Healds Hall Hotel and Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Liversedge
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 22, 2013

we rescue and re home westies, yesterday we had to travel down to West Yorkshire with a Westie, the motorway and traffic on roads where dreadful, before we set off on the long journey back home we needed somewhere to eat, passed many pubs which looked dreadful, and then I remembered eating at this hotel many years ago when we lived nearby, so we called it was nearly 1.45 so we thought we maybe too late for lunch, but no, we were warmly greeted,and invited to sit with a drink whilst we selected our food from the wide range of dishes from the menu, when we had placed our order we were shown to our table in the dining room,lovely light room, well decorated. Our starters arrived and were excellent, I had cream of white onion soup with rosemary, and Ian had Duck Roll with a lovely dip and salad, to follow I had venison, lovely and tender and pink served with asparagus and other veg, Ian had Lobster salad, with also came with prawns, smoked salmon,etc, service was very good, We are not keen on going down to West Yorkshire,(we live in the North of North Yorkshire, very remote, so do not do built up areas with lots of traffic) but the surroundings of the hotel and the hotel it's self we could not fault,,

1  Thank mo m

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went there with about fifty members of our Parish for our annual dinner. I have to say that the opinion of everyone was extremely positive. The 4 course meal was fabulous, as was the service. Everyone made us extremely welcome which contributed to a fantastic evening. Will definitely be going back!

1  Thank GJM65
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were recommended to eat here and were not disappointed. My starter of duck "rissole " with parsnip crisps and i think pea shoots was delightful. Main of sea bass on basil spaghetti was perfectly cooked and simple dessert of strawberries in a little curl of pastry was perfect to end with. Sadly we were driving so only had a half bottle of house wine. One minor criticism- we were not offered a wine list so i don't know what I've missed.

1  Thank sheilunches
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I visited the Healds Hall Hotel for a meal on Saturday 25/5/13 ,we both decided to have the duck platter "a dish for two people",It is actually a full roast duck it came with all the veg ,roast potatoes ,roast carrots ,beetroot broccoli,green beans and mustard mash.Ok it,s not cheep at 50 quid butt when you look at what you get it,s a bit of a bargain. With the drink,s on top it sett me back £86 butt I didn,t feel cheated. Just goes to show you get what you pay for. The restaurant is nice inside and the service very good.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited here for a family Sunday lunch. The 3 course set menu is £18.95 but has several interesting selections as well as the more obvious roast meats. There are about 6 choices for each course. My venison medallions were just right - not too pink but still lovely and moist as requested. The portions are not large but this does mean that you can do justice to the pudding! Unfortunately 2 of our starters were forgotten by the waitress and not served until after 2 reminders - by which time our other 3 diners had finished their starters. Also one of the wines we selected was unavailable. Dining room was attractive but somewhat cramped as is the car parking. This is an unexpected hideaway off a busy main road providing high end food in a pleasing setting. Will definitely visit again.

1  Thank asenby13