“Excellent family meal out”
Review of Healds Hall Hotel

Healds Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liversedge
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We came here for a family Boxing Day meal and cannot speak highly enough of the food, staff and surroundings. We were greeted on arrival by friendly staff & were asked if we would like a drink at the bar or go straight to the table, having 2 children in the party we decided to head straight through. We had booked into the restaurant which is light, airy and well decorated. Service was friendly and prompt, and food arrived without delay. I chose the sea bream which was absolutely beautiful. The athmosphere was relaxed and we wouldn't hesitate in returning.

• Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed December 12, 2013

we had a special offer on travelzoo for £80 dinner bed breakfast to be haonest we were not expecting anything better than travel lodge but what a surprise our room was large well decorated very clean and nice furniture big television the bathroom was large with seperate showe and bath newly refurbished so very nice.they have two restaurants a bistro and a dining restaurant the food was perfect and the selection was great fish and chips were superb my wife had scollops brilliant so all in all well wort it and great value ,the staff were all friendly and helpful the service was superb and we are going back for two nights, oh and the parking was secure plenty of cameras

Room Tip: ask for a large room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank peter p
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed alone on business midweek and the staff were extremely helpful and obviously used to the lone business traveller. Restaurant service was excellent and the food a cut above the average - indeed it appeared there were locals in for dinner also. One drawback for me is the lack of real ale in the bar, although bottles were available on request - better still if you're a beer drinker is to ask for directions to the wonderful Black Bull pub hidden away just two minutes down the hill!
One small complaint was the usual (for small-medium hotels of this type) antiquated shower plumbing and uncontrollable extremes of hot and cold water. Reception did take a note when I mentioned it while checking out so lets hope it is sorted by my next visit, as none of these small gripes were enough to put me off returning.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BogTrotter59
Reviewed December 4, 2013

A well run family hotel with an excellent restaurant. I have been staying here on business for the last 6 years, the staff are always welcoming and turnover is very low, a home from home. Some of the rooms are small and not well equipped, however the restaurant is truly excellent.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jpt68
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed here on a Travelzoo offer, so we understand why our room was small and up in the gods, but we were away for a little break after illness, and my husband was exhausted by all the stairs. The receptionist offered help with our bag (there is no lift) without being asked, and the help was given willingly, but we still dreaded the climb back to our room after meals. The room was pleasant and clean, but very small and dated.

The food was excellent and reasonably priced (except for the surcharge for vegetables), which makes it all the more disappointing that I didn't actually get what I wanted. There were plenty of waiting on staff and we had no delays, but the guy who took our order didn't actually listen, so I got the wrong scallop dish, and after eating my dessert heard another waiter telling the specials to another table, and realised that I would have much preferred an item which our waiter had missed off. I noticed that most of the diners chose from the offer menu, but we spent extra in order to try the food from the other menu, so it's doubly disappointing not to have eaten my preferred dishes. Any future diners should note that the meals are quite large - we couldn't have eaten any vegetables even if we had been prepared to pay for them - which I make a point of never doing - and the staff were pushing them. The breakfast was excellent

The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is very attractive, well kept up and clean.

Room Tip: Unless you are very fit, don't have a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank deanbolly
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here this weekend on a Travel Zoo deal.
We had a lovely comfortable room, fabulous modern ensuite with large, deep bath and separate shower cubicle. At dinner and breakfast we enjoyed excellent food, all provided by smiling staff :-)

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank georginac1963
Reviewed November 24, 2013

You just can't question the quality of the food, absolutely lovely. We went on a Saturday evening though and there just weren't enough staff and nobody seemed to be controlling the restaurant. We waited a long time to order and nobody came back to us after they gave us the sweet menu. In the end we got bored waiting and had to get up and pay at the bar, there was nobody to ask for the bill. For the price you pay, around £25 for two courses you expect better service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PaulMoon1976
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liversedge
Gomersal Park Hotel
Village Hotel Leeds South
Metro Inns Huddersfield
Metro Inns Huddersfield
#13 of 14 in Huddersfield

Been to Healds Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!