“Tapas? FORGET IT>” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Liversedge
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Tapas? FORGET IT>”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

"Let's try something different !" , so we went to the Healds Hall tapas night,The smell of painting in the bar wasn't very pleasant, but I suppose it has to be done at some time.
Now for the TAPAS! ! What appeared to be a good selection on the menu turned out to disappointing on the table. They Are Pricey And Small. It was obviously a bad decision because the usual fare appeared to be very good.
Good luck to the hotel for doing something unusual to attract diners. On this occasion it didn't work,for the price we paid we could have had six good meals, I am sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alpatjanange

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was booked with a Colleague into this Hotel to be near an appointment. So no prior reference or expectations. The reception was Friendly and they brought me to my room via the dining room and the smells were fantastic. The room was warm and welcoming although a bit cramped but free good quality WiFi. The price was way below our expectations, based on the quality we received.
I had a good deep bath and went to meet my colleague for dinner. After a nice drink in comfortable settings we reviewed the menu and the hardest thing was to choose was which dish!
The food was as good as the menu described and we unfortunately had to work later in the bar area but it was very comfortable and uninterrupted. We say the owners family eating with the guests always a good sign. The sleep was excellent, breakfast equally as good all I have to do it work of the calories now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Declan B
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for almost 3 weeks as I was on a course with work. Starting off with the members of staff, they we're all lovely and very welcoming and friendly, they couldn't do enough for you! nothing was hassle. I was even allowed to order food which wasn't on the menu!.

The rooms are clean and neat, good size in the one I stayed in on my first and third week however my second week room was tiny but would be ok for a 1 night stay.

The food was fantastic!! They have lots of different options on their menu and they also have a specials menu each night of many varieties ( I recommend their steak ).

The hotel is very popular for where it is situated I saw a few parties, wedding, gentleman's club whilst I was there, and locals who came just to have a meal there so I could tell the food was popular in the area.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here, and would recommend this hotel to anyone if they we're to stay in Liversedge!

Thank you to all the staff at Healds Hall for a lovely stay =)

Room Tip: Ask for a ground room for a large room or there are larger rooms on the left side of the building on...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Another visit to the restaurant at Healds Hall for a family birthday & Mother's Day meal. My family have been regular visitors to HHH for a number of years - we've had a family wedding there, a number of family & celebration meals. We even go there to the blood donation sessions in the hotel!!

As always on this latest visit the food and service were excellent. The staff were friendly, polite & so accomodating (as they always are) & the evening was made brilliant by Max. If you've never met him then you've missed out. He's the manager, bar man, chair fetcher, waiter - you name it - this guy does it & nothing is too much trouble!! A great night, wonderful food, great service & a good price!! Looking forward to the next visit!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our daughter and son-in-law had their wedding at HHH last weekend.

From booking the venue to this afternoon when we collected the last of the table decorations everything about this hotel was perfect.

Max deserves a special mention (and a medal) but due praise to all the staff who were always polite, professional and friendly. The food was excellent, both at the wedding and in the restaurant the evening before and some guests commented that the breakfasts were the best they'd had in a hotel.

The rooms were super clean and comfortable - some guests had problems with being too cold or hot, but our room was fine.

Altogether, I would definitely recommend Healds Hall Hotel for a meal out, a weekend break or for a celebration.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leedsrhinos
Barnsley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We have just returned from an overnight stay at Healds Hall Hotel. We would definitely stay here again and would recommend this place to anyone! The staff are great and make you feel very welcome. Our room was spacious & clean. The Menu was excellent with lots of choice and the food was lovely too. Overall, a fab night - Thank you :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank l1clk
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Just had an overnight stay at Healds Hall. The staff were very warm and friendly and the service they gave us was second to none. The bedroom was very comfortable, the bathroom was lovely and everything was immaculately clean. At dinner there as a very wide choice of food, and the Tempura Prawns were the best I have tasted. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed all our 3 courses which were delicious and beautifully presented. I would certainly recommend this hotel and hope to return quite soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank redshoes7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Liversedge
Gomersal Park Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel
The Mews Hotel
The Mews Hotel
#9 of 19 in Wakefield

Been to Healds Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!