“Amazing room”
Review of Black Hat

Black Hat
Ranked #32 of 110 Restaurants in Ilkley
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Looking for the perfect place to meet friends and family, relax, unwind and debrief from work, then look no further than the stylish Black Hat located in the heart of Ilkley. Whether you want to catch up over cocktails, share a great bottle of wine or enjoy an excellent meal out in fine surroundings, then make the Black Hat your destination. We are an independent Pub & restaurant with 7 boutique style bedrooms, that has drawn inspiration from the local area and its people, to create a stylish yet relaxed backdrop, that welcomes you in to make the space your own whatever time or day. We've got a fine-looking terrace, a brunch menu to wake up for, craft beers, large spirit selection and a modern British menu.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The black hat Ilkley has fantastic accommodation and incredibly comfortable bed. The recent refurbish is to a very high standard. I would highly recommend staying here if you get a chance

Date of visit: December 2019
BlackHat11, General Manager at Black Hat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Dave,

What a glowing review, thank you so much! We're so happy you had a lovely stay with us. We love the new refurb and we're pleased our guests do too. Hopefully you can come and stay with us again soon.

Best wishes,
Alex
Team BH

Write a reviewReviews (288)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We paid for parking nearby and on arrival the pub wasn’t even that busy. We waited 20 minutes for our starter and then 1 hour for our main to arrive. At no point did any staff member come and apologise for the delay or offer us a drink in between. The food was actually very nice when it did come but we had to eat so quickly to get back for our parking. When we paid the bill I told the girl I was disappointed at how long we had waited for our food. She said oh I’ll let someone know and that was that. Food good, service and wait times not good at all.

Date of visit: January 2020

Hi Gemma,

We're sorry for your poor experience with us recently. I have passed on the points you've brought up in your review to the team and I will review our training to make sure staff keep guests updated if there does happen to be a wait for food. We're really pleased, however, that you enjoyed your meals with us and hope this one average visit doesn't put you off visiting us in the future.

All best wishes,
Alex

Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I visited for Sunday lunch last week. It was one of the best Sunday lunches I have had for a long time - and the bottomless Yorkshire puddings and gravy were the cherry on the top. Staff were fab, gorgeous interior and lovely food.

Date of visit: December 2019
BlackHat11, Manager at Black Hat, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2019

Hi katelucy,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We're delighted you had a lovely time with us on Sunday and I'll pass on your kind comments to our team. See you again soon!

Reviewed November 24, 2019 via mobile

Very disappointed with the meals served here last night.
Only three choices out of a very limited six items normally available.
Opted for two burgers,small fish and chips and a bangers and mash with gravy.
Gravy was coloured water, burgers were luke warm.
We all felt the quality of the food was low.
The Amstel lager was flat as was the cola. The previous diners had spilled a load of food under and around the table which wasn’t cleaned up. We couldn’t sit at the adjacent table as it was “reserved” but they didn’t show at their reserved time.
On the plus side the service was attentive.
Overall- wouldn’t recommend. Sorry.

Date of visit: November 2019
BlackHat11, Manager at Black Hat, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2019

Hi B8640VCrobm

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I can only apologise at the level of service you received on your recent visit, we are really striving to improve our business, and appreciate the feedback you have given us.

I'd like to talk to you in more depth about your review, I can be reached at 034641@bermondseypubco.com or by phone on 01943 607214

Steve
Assistant Manager
The Black Hat

Reviewed November 20, 2019 via mobile

I use to come to the black hat quite often for food but then the service and quality of food just went down hill and we stopped going.
My friend and I came with our two children (both 1) a month or so ago and was pleasantly surprised with the food and menu choice. Lovely food, quick ish service and polite staff.

Today myself, the same friend plus another and her child came. The menu choice had been completely cut back. The only chicken option was Thai chicken curry and my friend said it was dreadful! All of our chunky chips were about 80% cooked. Then my daughters peas clap cold I doubt they’d even cooked them. Probably defrosted in the ramekin due to the hour wait for our food. This was because of a party of around 8/9 having a meeting. However them and our table of 6 were the only people there. This makes me question what the wait would be if the whole place was full!

Absolutely terrible and we were only offered a free drink on the house. At this point three grumpy children were ready to get off! So didn’t really fancy another drink. The two front of house staff did apologise.

However we had to go and make a point of our disappointment of the wait time and food provided. THEN we were offered 50% off (if it was up to me I wouldn’t have paid for mine or my daughters food if I’m being honest). WE shouldn’t have been the ones to ask for discount or something to make up for the poor experience we had. This should have been offered.

We had young children with us who were absolutely so well behaved for their age and to be sat down for an hour waiting.

I’ve once again been put off to go back for food.

Date of visit: November 2019
1  Thank aliceobrien
BlackHat11, Manager at Black Hat, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2019

Hi Alice

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am mortified to read of your experience in the black hat yesterday, and will take appropriate steps to ensure this never happens again. I would also like to apologise that you had this experience in our establishment.

If you would like to discuss this in more detail, our email is 034641@bermondseypubco.com, and our number is 01943 607214.

Kind Regards