“Touch of class”
Review of Box Tree

Box Tree
Reserve with OpenTable
Box Tree is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 97 Restaurants in Ilkley
Cuisines: European, French, British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: This small renowned restaurant has been a part of Ilkley since the early sixties. Now owned by husband and wife team Simon and Rena Gueller, the Box Tree continues to aim to be the best. The modern French classical menu and extensive wine cellar offer food lovers an unforgettable experience. Simon's commitment to the best, freshest ingredients, with an emphasis on locally sourced, fresh ingredients from farmers and other suppliers, will entice food lovers with favourites such as Roast Sea Scallops, Celeriac Puree, White Truffle Oil and one of our impressive signature Souffles The Box Tree represents a combination between 21st century efficiency and exquisite good taste. Whilst the kitchen boasts the latest equipment, the restaurant features a collection of art and antiques which define the style and luxury for which the Box Tree is famed.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Touch of class”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Having visited most of the highly rated restaurants across the country the Boxtree certainly didn't disappoint. A warm welcome followed by an impressive menu and wine list offering a wide array of choice gave an impressive start to a lovely evening. The overall decor is fitting for a reputed establishment and the dining experience is as you would expect in a Michelin starred kitchen. The only negative I could possibly state is the close proximity of our fellow diners, particularly as we could hear the gentleman whining about the cost in relation to the adjacent Wetherspoons public house! I would certainly recommend anyone to dine here regardless of the occasion and special compliments must go to the staff for their friendly and knowledgable attitude throughout the evening.

2 Thank Richard O

Harrogate
“Exceptional and in Yorkshire!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I was first taken to the Box Tree by my parents 40 years ago and have enjoyed many meals here over the years but I am not sure I can remember a meal as good as the one I enjoyed with my mother, wife and daughter today. We went for Sunday lunch and it was perfect in every way, the service is superb, the food cooked to perfection and although little changed in 40 years the decor is classy, warm and inviting. There are a number of Michelin starred restaurants in Yorkshire, the Box Tree certainly deserves it place as one of the best if not the best.

1 Thank AlastairKHarrogate
Leeds, England
“Best Sunday dinner ever!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have been to The Box Tree on a few occasions before and never yet had a bad experience. This Sundays birthday celebration for my girlfriend has lifted the bar on the usual excellent standard and prompted me to write a first review on this particular restaurant.
On arrival we were greeted like old friends. The bar area experience was relaxing and unrushed.
We had house champagne to make the day special which I can recommend. The canopies have changed recently and were good enough to make me ask for the recipe! Every course was full of taste and imagination. Special mention for the sommelier who chose wine exactly to our taste ( and not the most expensive) I think I may well have found a new way of enjoying sunday lunch. Well done to everyone

1 Thank dta0307
North East
“Exceptional.”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Ate here on a relatively busy evening for my birthday. Ordered from the Al a Carte menu as well as a bottle of white white. From start to finish the whole experience was exceptional. The food and service are definitely worthy of their Michelin star. Will visit again...

England
“Exceptional Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The choice of dishes on the Sunday lunch menu is not extensive but when you are served dishes of this quality that is of little consequence.
The cooking at the Box Tree has never been better. All our dishes were excellent - the flavours of the food and the precision with which the dishes are presented is a joy. The portion of turbot for large appetites would not have been sufficient - yes the fish is very expensive but the garnish could have been more substantial perhaps.
Desserts were equally good - especially the sable of apple and blackberry - a real taste explosion.
Service throughout was impeccable - from aperitifs to coffee - highly professional without being in any way obtrusive.
Our table near the fireplace is not the best - an uncomfortable settle, a little draughty and cool, and the feeling of sitting in a throughfare - we will ask for another table on our next visit.

• Visited September 2012